· Knock out of moulds to remove shell post to the casting operation
· Water blasting of moulds to remove as much shell as practical and allow the band saw operations to commence
· Cutting off castings using a semi-automatic band saw
· Trimming up of casting gates using a manual band saw
· Removal of residual shell material after the band saw operations have been completed
· Linishing casting gates flush after the band saw operations are completed
· Rework of castings to remove surplus shell and metal materials
· Dry blasting of components to give a uniformed matt finish
· Removal of hot moulds to support the casting process
· Pack and identify castings to be sent for sub contract processes
· Follow strict health and safety guidelines and aptitude for identifying hazards.
· Work closely and safely with team members to ensure good team ethics and co-operation.
· Assist the team members in any other activity to complete daily tasks.
· Attention to detail
· Ability to work shifts preferred
· Ability to be flexible and adaptable to work in differing conditions and assist in the other areas when needed
· Understand written instructions and comply with company processes and procedures
· Able to work as a team player
Qualifications / Experience required
· Manufacturing background or foundry background
· Ideally candidate will have proven experience in working with said equipment utilized in the finishing area
· Proven experience of maintaining safe working practices in difficult environmental conditions
· Ability to prepare and complete operations in accordance with job card routines and set procedures
· Ability to interpret information on the routing cards to specified standards required to achieve these processes
· Ability to identify defects
Have proven track record of working on intricate parts within a team
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No