Tier I - Business Development Manager
Eaton’s Vehicle Group Light Vehicle Sales division is currently seeking a Tier I - Business Development Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Southfield, MI facility.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for growing direct business with the tier I axle makers, providing growth for the TCP business in the area of differentials and/or associated components. The product scope would involve both the traditional VG products as well as those products from eMobility that would be of interest. In this role, you will take ownership and lead the business development strategy.
- You will create and deploy a business pursuit strategy to secure direct business with the Tier I Axle makers.
- In collaboration with product line teams, you will develop product roadmaps that outline Axle Makers offerings in comparison to Eaton ( including descriptions, pricing , technical functionality, and gaps to Eaton’s portfolio) and use this information to identify and build the opportunity pipeline.
- You will outline organizational structures of the axle makers and identify key stakeholders in commercial, program management and engineering functions.
- You will align /coordinate Eaton/Axle maker SLT for discussions on collaboration.
- You will provide periodic program updates and maintain an open issues/pursuit log (Green/Yellow/Red) defining opportunities and next steps.
- You will leverage resources internal to Eaton to drive support and closure of open items that are linked to pursuit of new business.
- You will maintain a clear understanding of customer specific requirements and needs, supporting contract development and pricing strategy for new business.
- You will provide input for strategic pricing, profitability analysis and on-going monitoring.
- You will collaborate and align with Account Mangers to ensure customer needs are met. Account Managers will continue to manage the quotation process and be the contact point for products being developed for launch or products in production.
You will participate in industry events to represent Eaton with customers aimed at customer satisfaction and sales growth.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of seven years experience working for a large manufacturing company.
- Minimum of five years of commercial experience in sales, purchasing, or business development.
- No relocation. Candidates must live within 50 miles of the Southfield, MI location.
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now and in the future.
- Must have valid U.S. driver's license.
Bachelor's degree in engineering preferred
Experience working with customer interface
Experience working with an automotive supplier, ideally focused on chassis, driveline or transmission.
Travel to the tiers will be needed on a regular basis locally in the Detroit area, along with some required overnight/out of state travel
A company car will be provided
Strong interpersonal and technical skills set
Project management skills
Ability to leverage resources, both internally and externally
Strong business acumen and strategic ability
Understanding of competitors' strategies, technologies, and capabilities
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time