Engineer - Electronics Design
Job Title: Engineer – Electronics Design #063611
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to Electronics Design in Eaton’s Modeling & Simulation COE, based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of Eaton India Innovation Center (EIIC) within Aerospace. He/ she will be responsible to perform the design and development electronics hardware and software testing for aerospace controllers (LRU) conforming to required standards and to customer specific requirements for Aerospace hydraulic systems, fuel systems, actuation systems and Motion control applications. EIIC has opening in its Aerospace Software Electronics Controls group (SwEC) for Engineer -Electronics Design
Your Essential Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the electronics controller hardware design and development for airborne applications
- Manages electronics components obsolescence and modify electrical schematics/bill of materials.
- Contribute to complex circuit design and analysis/simulations using Pspice/LTspice/Matlab
- Perform Software/Firmware Verification &Validation in compliance with DO178/DO254
- Regular planning of requirements and design reviews and maintaining the action item tracker
- Prepare the test plans/procedures for functional & qualification testing
- Lead the efforts to independently execute the testing & troubleshooting of controller
- Provide work estimates and develop schedule in order to effectively manage time.
- Works with customers (Internal and external) to define acceptable quality levels based on recognized quality standards.
- Mentor team members, assisting them in technical and process areas.
- Ensure quality levels are met through tools such as Six Sigma, DFSS etc
If you are:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electronics/Industrial Electronics/Electronics and Communication Engineering with 3 - 4 years of experience
• Master’s degree in Electronics/Industrial Electronics Engineering with 2 + years of experience
• 3+ Years’ experience in electronics hardware design and development for aerospace, automotive, medical or industrial applications.
• Hands on with software development using Assembly & C language for 8/16/32 bit microcontrollers /DSP/FPGA. Awareness on Software Verification &Validation for Aerospace (DO178)
• Should have hands on experience on 8/16/32 bit microcontrollers/DSP/FPGA based hardware systems design& development
• Good working experience on analog and digital hardware design, circuit simulations using PSpice & LTspice tools, electronics component selection and schematic design.
• Knowledge on PCB and hands on experience on PCB layout design using Allegro PCB Editor
• Should be able to analyze the analog & digital Circuits, performing FMEA’s, Stress, Derating, Worst-case & Tolerance study using analysis tools like PSpice & LTspice.
• Should have experience in building prototypes in house or from external suppliers.
• Hands on experience on functional testing & debugging of any complex electronics hardware.
• Hands on experience in writing detailed test plan/procedures, Qualification test procedures.
• Hands on experience with EMI/EMC testing and Certification process. Should have good knowledge about DO-160, IEC, CISPR, ISO, SAE standards.
• Hands on with operating CRO, Function Generator, Spectrum Analyzer and Thermal Chamber.
• Understanding with communication protocols – Serial RS232, SPI, I2C, CAN, Wireless protocols, Aerospace – Arinc429, Arinc825, CAN tools
• Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Technical documentation and Requirement management Knowledge and awareness of product design life-cycle process (e.g. CMMI) and configuration management.
• Experience with hardware / software integration at product and system level
• Knowledge of software design methods, software development
• Good knowledge on electronics hardware design & development with 16 Bit/ 32 Bit Microcontrollers/FPGA/DSPs in Aerospace domain.DO254 standard awareness
• Good knowledge of electronics components and its obsolescence management
• Good working experience on simulations using Pspice,Matlab and Simulink
• Software development ,Software Verification Validation in compliance with DO178
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time