Senior Firmware Engineer
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer in Eaton’s electrical business, based in Shenzhen, China.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
- Define/build/sustaining firmware control algorithms platform, and provide control solution with system level during new products development.
- Lead firmware control design reviews at various product development stages, responsible for firmware control performance.
- Research new power converter control strategy, bring up new control idea and continue to optimize control performance.
- Cooperate between global team, align global control competency.
- Good background about automatic control and power electronics. Familiar with AC-DC,DC-AC, DC-DC control, e.g. rectifier, inverter, battery converter.
- Familiar with popular control simulation tool, PSIM, Matlab, PLECS, etc.
- Familiar with popular control system, PID, Repetitive control, fuzzy control, harmonic compensation, etc.
- Experience with C, C++, and the embedded processors assembly language is required.
- Experience programming DSP processors. Must have experience with microcontroller peripherals including PWM, A->D, and D->A converters, PLD’s, and Flash memory.
- Familiar with PROLaunch process and good project management skill.
- Good communication and project management skill and make decision competency.
- Good writing and oral English skill.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: PQD CPSD Critical Power Solutions Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No