Eaton’s Electrical Group - Canada is currently seeking a Production Supervisor to join our team! The Production Supervisor position will be located in Milton, Ontario and based on 1st shift.
Reporting to the Operations Manager - Assemblies, the Production Supervisor will manage labor and capacity to safely & efficiently execute production plans for assigned product group(s). In this role you will lead key manufacturing processes/initiatives to ensure that Production, Customer Service, and Continuous Improvement objectives are met, in accordance with safety, quality, and customer requirements. This individual will provide coaching and direction to their team, while driving accountability in the business, ultimately supporting the organization in achieving its business level and strategic goals.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will supervise shop floor employees to ensure customers' orders receive correct priorities, to maximize service levels.
- You will conduct regular Workplace (Tier 1, Departmental) meetings.
- You will assist & develop cost improvement teams and drive team participation in ‘Find It/Fix It’ and other CI programs. You will drive activities to reduce scrap, rework, and overtime costs while meeting quality & safety objectives.
- You will prepare & deliver annual performance reviews for assigned shop floor employees, providing daily ongoing performance feedback and addressing any performance concerns.
- Working with Operations Manager, you will develop, schedule and plan capacity (including Attendance, Vacation, and Overtime management) to ensure safe, cost-effective, & efficient execution of master production plan.
- You will support quality objectives by evaluating & continually improving quality performance, in accordance with EQMS requirements.
- You will provide input into forecast & manpower planning/SIOP processes to align resources to projected demand.
- You will develop and maintain process checks within department; Champion implementation and continual improvement of CIF for assigned product group(s).
- You will monitor KPI’s (metrics), communicate results, and implement corrective action as required to address adverse trends.
- You will lead cross-functional Order Status review meetings, identifying & mitigating risks to on-time delivery, and providing advanced warning for anticipated shipping delays.
- You will perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton’s Philosophy and Values as well as the Environmental, Health and Safety standards.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we-as individuals and as a company – are stronger.
- Must have University Degree or College diploma in business, engineering or related disciple from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 80 km radius of the Milton, ON facility will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt would be considered an asset
- Experience in process improvement and optimization
- Strong computer skills are preferred
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment or assembly experience is preferred.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Strong organizational, conflict resolution, & problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and situations to achieve superior customer service
Accessibility policy: Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.html
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time