Senior Controls Engineer
Eaton’s Vehicle Group has an opening for a senior controls engineer. The position is located at the Galesburg or Southfield, MI facilities.
The primary function of this position is working as a regional manufacturing controls engineering specialist leading continuous improvement efforts at the plant locations in the Vehicle Group North America region. This position will also be involved in driving standardization and working with cross-functional VG project teams to implement strategic plan actions.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
- You will be utilizing the following key manufacturing engineering skills and knowledge - Equipment Troubleshooting, Data Analysis, FMEA, Process Layout & Optimization through Lean Practices, Value Stream Mapping, Project Justification, Strategic Planning, Asset Utilization and Maintenance Reliability. Analyze the manufacturing methods to generate production process improvement and maximize production capacity and efficiency.
- You will establish and implement VGNA (Vehicle Group North America) Controls Standards in alignment with VG (Vehicle Group) global standards where applicable.
- You will lead VGNA controls competency development through training and mentoring of regional and plant manufacturing engineers.
- You will utilize strong project management skills to execute assigned projects and lead projects teams where necessary. Organize and lead team meetings for effective task completion per the implementation work plan and budgets.
- You will research and benchmark new manufacturing methods that can improve our manufacturing processes and/or give VGNA a competitive advantage.
- You will prepare financial justification for projects using the economic data developed as input into the financial analysis and appropriation request process. Prepare concise summary presentation that leads to effective communication for management team decision.
- You will manage capital and expense spending for assigned project(s). Ensure that all spending is in line both from a cost and timing perspective.
- You will assure that the project team establishes effective capacity to support project requirements in short and long-range sales forecast and customer delivery requirements.
- You will assure environmental; health and safety requirements are satisfied when the project is implemented.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 10 years’ experience with manufacturing controls applications.
- Minimum 1 year of manufacturing Shop Floor experience required
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Advanced Degree in Engineering, Management, or similar from an accredited institution
- Knowledge and application of Eaton Business System tools for successful project completion
- Knowledge and experience with the PRO-Launch process
- Solid Modeling and Lean Manufacturing experience
- Manufacturing Process Knowledge of:
- Heat Treat
- Proficient in the following applications
- Allen Bradley Control Logix
- Allen Bradley PLC5
- Device Net
- Fanuc Robots
- Allen Bradley VFD
- Allen Bradley Motion (Servo)
- Vision Systems
- Allen Bradley Micro Logix
- PanelView HMI/MMI
- Project/Program Management
- Factory Talk View Studio ME and SE editions
- Panel Builder 32 and 1400
- ACAD Electrical (Wiring Diagrams)
- Able to develop optimal manufacturing processes and provide cost estimates for business cases
- Good decision making and communication skills
- Capable of multi-tasking for multiple project assignments
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Good team facilitation skills with ability to lead team members to enthusiastic consensus and task accomplishment to plan
- Travel approximately 50 - 80%
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time