Eaton’s Power Distribution Controls & Assemblies Division of Eaton’s Electrical Systems and Services Group is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer. This position is based at our El Paso, Texas facility.
The Manufacturing Engineer is the primary lead for creating manufacturing processes and project management in setting up a greenfield operation. This role will help craft the initial plant layout and own the manufacturing design from day one through ramp up to full capability.
This is a unique opportunity to lead the effort to build a new operation as production in El Paso gets started. This role will be the lead in designing the manufacturing and office layouts and helping to ready the new facility for production. Once production has begun this role will be the ME accountable for continuing to improve the facility and drive more efficiency as we ramp up volumes and bring more products into the plant. In this role you will make process improvements through collection and analysis of manufacturing data to improve safety, product quality, customer delivery, and cost reductions. You will also provide process information for training with production associates and meeting engineering standards.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will evaluate and establish manufacturing cost, quality plans and investments in new and redesigned components or procedures. You will create manufacturing processes, layouts, routings, and drawings.
- You will investigate, analyze and recommend alternate equipment and manufacturing methods. You will procure equipment and tooling per project plans and Eaton standards. You will provide technical assistance to customers as requested.
- You will resolve manufacturing problems using statistical tools and continuous improvement methods. You will participate in product process design reviews. You will investigate and initiate cost reduction programs. You will evaluate and verify processes and tool designs completed by peers.
- You will assist suppliers with processes to improve quality and cost. You will develop and summarize capital appropriation data and narratives for projects. You will generate machine and production process capacity and capability studies.
- You will implement, promote and maintain a safe work environment by implementing a culture of zero accidents including prevention, investigation, equipment maintenance and application of rules. Identify, control and administer risk and danger in own area and manufacturing processes.
- You will promote the company’s mission and vision by actively supporting Eaton’s ethics and values as well as quality policies.
- You will motivate and coach employees to maintain high levels of satisfaction, productivity, and quality through effectively utilizing available rewards and recognition channels to encourage and promote desired behaviors and results.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 1 year of manufacturing experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now and in the future.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing, Industrial, or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience managing projects and/or teams.
- Experience working with Lean tools.
Position Success Criteria:
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Knowledge of cost estimating and cost out skills / tools.
- Knowledge and application of problem solving tools and methodologies.
- Proficiency with various computer software and applications such as CAD/CAM, Excel, Word, MS Project, Minitab, and Outlook.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time