HR Manager - HYD AMER HQ
Eaton Hydraulics Group is seeking a highly motivated, talented individual to lead human resources for our Americas region functional organizations. This position will be based in Eden Prairie, Minnesota.
The primary function for this position is to support Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Pricing, Credit, and Finance within the Hydraulics Americas HQ. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Human Resources for Hydraulics Americas. This individual will serve as a key member of the Sales leadership team with responsibility for all aspects of human resources. As a strong business partner to the functional leaders this individual will identify, develop and deploy business-driven HR strategies designed to attract, manage, develop, motivate and retain key people while creating a high-performance, sustainable organization capable of achieving the business objectives, action plans and aggressive targets.
- Partner with colleagues, senior leaders, site management teams to drive change, aligning human resources programs and initiatives with strategic objectives, initiatives, targets. Drive action plans that create a high-performance, sustainable organization capable of achieving the business, financial and employee engagement objectives, action plans and targets.
- As a strategic business advisor for the Distribution Sales & Marketing and Finance organizations, partner with the leadership staff and extended staff to set direction, priorities and culture expectations while championing the Eaton Business System (EBS) with a focus on the Eaton Philosophy & Values and the Eaton Leadership Model in the context of doing business right.
- Build organizational capability through ownership of talent management processes including talent acquisition, assessment, performance management, learning and development, succession planning and retention. Lead organizational capability assessments (OCA) to assess pipeline strength, determine skill gaps and identify necessary developmental actions. Drive the APEX - Achieving Performance Excellence performance management process and tools to help raise the bar for individual performance, measure sustained improvements, goal-setting and provide coaching and feedback improvement.
- Drive positive employee relations to provide an optimal work environment for all employees. Effectively deploy communication plans and utilize assessment tools (e.g. the employee survey) to determine organizational issues and action plans. Exemplify and lead Eaton Values, Philosophy and Ethics.
- Foster a culture where ownership of health and safety is embraced by all employees. Utilize MESH to drive “zero incident” culture.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required.
- 5 years of HR experience with role progression and hands-on experience in HR
- Be able to work in US without company sponsorship
- Graduate degree in business or human resources is desirable.
- 2 years of managerial experiences
- Keen business judgment combined with the ability to provide fresh, proactive insight balanced with the interpersonal skills and savvy to play a key leadership role in establishing and driving Eaton’s high‐performance and high-expectation culture with strong employee involvement and engagement.
- Approachable, hands‐on style and attention to detail leader.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, while also able to manage multiple priorities.
- Strategic and tactical communications skills and instincts, with the strength and confidence to make and defend tough decisions with in a highly-matrixed environment.
- Aggressive grader with the ability to assess and attract top talent.
- Working knowledge of the manufacturing industry, including globally based design and manufacturing setting for products and technologies, where change management and culture modification is necessary for success in an increasingly competitive business climate.
- Employee/labor management relations experience including exposure to non‐United States unions and works councils.
- Solid division and or corporate HR experience from a large progressive high-performance company.
- Experience leading and developing both direct and indirect HR teams.
- Knowledge and understanding of the key metrics related to HR and how to drive improvement in those key metrics.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time