Controls Technician - 2nd Shift
Eaton’s Residential Wiring Devices Division is currently seeking a Controls Technician on 2nd Shift. This position is based at our Kings Mountain, NC facility.
The Controls Technician will perform automation system (PLC, safety, HMI, network) related functions, troubleshoot and resolve controls related issues, perform repairs and preventive maintenance on the plant automation as well as all equipment associated with it to help achieve plant’s business goals and objectives.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will implement, maintain and troubleshoot CNC and PLC systems based on Allen Bradley, Siemens and GE Fanuc platforms
- You will diagnose and troubleshoot machining equipment, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- You will diagnose, maintain, and troubleshoot power and communication networks such as Devicenet, Profibus and Ethernet based systems.
- You will develop and maintain
up-to-date operation manuals and electrical prints for all equipment
Identify opportunities as related to safety, quality, and productivity
- You will work flexible hours depending on production shifts and project requirements
- You will understand and assist with relational databases, Windows server technology, and IT networks/peripherals.
- You will ensure safe work environment – Follow all company safety policies and procedures
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- 2 years of automation experience in a maintenance role.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US on an on-going basis without company sponsorship
- Must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- No relocation is provided, only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of the Kings Mountain, NC facility will be considered.
Associates degree in industrial maintenance form an accredited institution.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No