Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking a Sub Assembler to join our team. This is a 2nd Shift position is based at our Jackson, MS. Facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential, and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will be responsible for minor assembly processes, such as rotor/shaft assembly, pressure plates assembly, and shaft seal assembly, as required by work orders and/or lean line operations.
- You will be responsible for the creation, production, and attachment of all production and R.E.O. nameplates in accordance with the requirements designated on the case history and/or the Sales Order Addendum. The production of nameplates shall be accomplished using all of the designated processes and equipment located in the area.
- You will be responsible for lock wiring all units in accordance with all specifications defined by the customer, by prints, and by case histories. The individual shall also be responsible for physically re-checking and validating all fastener torque requirements as required.
- You will be responsible for visually inspecting and completing final unit pre-shipment operations such as installation of drive shafts, o-rings, caps, plugs, placement of lock wire "tamper seals", etc.
- You will be responsible for self-inspection and verification of same on all required assembly and test documentation.
- You will read and complete inspection ledger, inspection check sheet, operation sheet, move ticket and discrepancy report (DR) and other paperwork as necessary to comply with Quality Systems.
- You will perform minor sanding, lapping, deburr or repair work as required in the course of performing the duties of the classification.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
· Two (2) years general manufacturing or military experience required
· This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
· No relocation benefits are being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of Eaton’s Jackson, MS facility will be considered for this position
- Prior work experience with hydraulic systems in an aviation or military setting
- Ability to read and follow quality procedures
- Prior work experience following documented process plans and procedures
- Team player attitude demonstrated in boss and peer relationships in a diverse environment
- Strong work ethic demonstrated through action orientation and a drive to achieve results
- Proficient writing skills and ability to comprehend detailed written instructions
- Basic shop math skills including linear measuring, weight measuring, use of whole numbers, decimals, fractions, and problem solving
- Ability to complete written forms, check lists, and other hand-written documents
- Good individual job safety record
- Prior experience using computers
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No