Category Manager, Turned Parts (AMER, HYD-FC)
Eaton Corporation is currently seeking a Category Manager, Turned Parts (AMER, HYD-FC) to join our team. This position is based at our Beachwood, OH facility or an approved home office.
Our supply chain management team creates bottom-line impact by driving cost management and operational benefits. Within our supply chain, the Category Manager, Turned Parts (AMER, HYD-FC) supports the development and deployment of the global category strategy of Turned Parts in the Americas region. In this role, you will drive towards optimal conditions (cost, commercial, quality, delivery, innovation, VAVE) for the category spend of approximately $80 million by leveraging synergies across businesses and driving the “One Supply Chain” philosophy.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
You will initiate, develop and execute strategic initiatives to facilitate cross-business synergies across a rationalized set of global and regional preferred supplier partners.
You will negotiate and manage key strategic supplier contracts and relationships.
You will review, approve, monitor and report compliance to category agreements and strategies based upon Eaton SCM strategic directions.
You will develop innovative business solutions, forecast commodity projections and provide mitigation actions as applicable.
You will present to senior management new planning tools, methods, technical analysis, standards and procurement opportunities that are aligned with SCM/Eaton strategic plans and cost reduction initiatives.
You will benchmark procurement processes to develop and implement best practices throughout Eaton and Supply Chain Management.
You will ensure compliance of suppliers with Eaton SCM Sustainability Programs, Go GREEN initiatives and SCM policies.
You will plan, prepare and execute annual profit planning for the owned spend, and support execution with the business cross functional teams.
You will lead Supplier Business Reviews with strategic suppliers annually.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering or Business Administration from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years' professional experience in Supply Chain, Category Management or Procurement
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States on an on-going basis without Company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position
- Professional Supply Chain related certification (e.g. CPM, CPIM)
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
- 1-2 years’ professional negotiating experience in a global business environment
- 2-3 years’ professional experience with accountability across multiple manufacturing facilities
- Knowledge of the Turned Parts category and technology trends within the category
- Communication, customer service and interpersonal skills necessary to converse with senior management, suppliers, operations and SCM personnel
- Ability to lead cross-functional / global teams
- Ability to influence and drive effective organizational change across the Americas
- Creative thinking skills to produce new approaches in category management and implement emerging tools
- Ability to create price GAPs and drive results via fact-based negotiations.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time