Eaton is currently seeking a Product Specialist to join our team! This position is based at our Calgary, AB facility.
Under the direction of the Satellite Manager, the Product Specialist is responsible for the marketing and engineering of our electrical control and power distribution products (up to 600V) to meet customer expectations. This includes responsibility for pricing, negotiations, order entry, customer order engineering, customer service, quality, materials and manufacturing of motor controls (enclosed motor starters, enclosed Variable Frequency Drives, Motor Control Centers and custom control panels) and distribution equipment. In addition, the product specialist in this role is responsible for assisting in training and development of more junior product specialists.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide technical support to internal and external customers
- You will provide custom solutions to meet customer expectations and applicable standards.
- You will maintain pricing authority for field sales and distributors.
- You will develop strategies to support sales growth, customer service and price realization.
- You will manage the administration of orders, production planning and scheduling including maintaining inventory availability for the assembly of products.
- You will provide engineering drawings. Assist Customer ,Sales and Eaton Care by providing custom layout drawings / schematics for submission with customer quotations and/or manufacturing purposes.
- You will manage and maintain main bills of material and associated drawings, as well as assembly and manufacturing drawings.
- You will assist Satellite Manager or Sales via joint sales calls where necessary.
- You will prepare and/or assist with Product Launch Materials/Manuals/Literature.
- You will perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton’s Philosophy and Values, Code of Ethics, as well as Environmental standards and commitment to safety and cost improvement.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Degree/Diploma in Engineering (Electrical/Electrical Technology, Mechanical/Mechanical Technology, Electronics, or Industrial) from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in electrical controls and/or power distribution products providing or creating pricing details and quotations for customers.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 80 kilometer radius of the Calgary, AB facility will be considered.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in electrical controls and/or power distribution products providing or creating pricing details and quotations for customers.
- Experience creating mechanical drawings with AutoCAD and Inventor
- Experience working in a manufacturing facility
- CET or P Eng
- Lean/Six Sigma experience
- Exposure leading teams/projects
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Ability to work under pressure managing workload and prioritizing effectively.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical aptitude and complex problem solving skills.
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of MS Office, Oracle 11i, AutoCAD, Inventor and/or Solidworks.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment as part of a team.
- Strong technical aptitude of electrical distribution and control systems.
- Effective time management, prioritization and project management skills.
Accessibility policy: Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm”
Politique d'accessibilité: Eaton a mis en place des politiques d’accessibilité afin d’accommoder des employés avec un handicap. Si vous êtes sélectionnés pour une entrevue et que vous avez besoin d’accommodement, veuillez partager l’information avec le recruteur ou le superviseur afin que nous puissions faire des ajustements raisonnables pour vos besoins. Nos politiques d’accessibilité peuvent être consultées au : http://www.eatoncanada.ca/FR/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time