Manager - CRT MST Electrification - Vehicle and Hydraulics
Corporate Research & Technology (CRT) focuses on the front end of innovation by: conducting research to advance the state of the art, emphasizing technologies with cross-business impact and innovating to provide Eaton’s customers with safe, efficient, and reliable power management solutions.
The Electro-mechanical team has the principal goal of identifying, developing, and justifying commercialization of significant growth opportunities for diverse Eaton businesses in the area of electromechanical technologies related to systems and machinery, including system architecture, motors, actuation, mechanisms, and power transmission. The team engages in defining, planning, leading and executing technology programs, applying mechanical engineering theory and practice in Vehicle applications. The team maps technology solutions to market opportunities.
• Manages direct reports, conducts performance reviews, administers merit plan, and sets goals and development plans for up to 12 direct reports.
• Provides coaching, feedback and guidance for direct reports, including reward and recognition.
• Manages Resources, understands resource planning and develop resource models for projects.
• Leads Project: responsible for creating, executing and tracking all the milestones for the entire project. Assign roles and responsibilities for the project team members. Identifies project risk, develop risk mitigation plans and then implement plans. Must be a self-starter that can independently drive projects forward to success.
• Identifies external funding opportunities and drives proposal writing together with Eaton EMEA businesses.
• Supports the development of strategies for technology roadmaps for specific applications that are linked to and supportive of the overall CRT and business strategies
• Serves as Principal Investigator in government proposal preparation and/or project execution
• Initiates and develops solid relationships with both engineering and business leaders within Eaton to drive strong business cases for new commercial applications and acquire needed resources and funding
• Identifies leading external partnerships, outside technologies and best practices to bring to Eaton
• Serves as a subject matter expert externally and internally. This includes leadership/active participation in external industry and technical groups, mentoring junior level staff and consulting internal business and engineering partners
• Actively contributes to and guides team members on IP generation
• Master's degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or with emphasis on electronic and electronic power systems from an accredited University
• 10 years of experience in automotive and/or hydraulics development
• Ideally 1-2 years’ experience as a manager of people
• Technical Expertise in System engineering, controls and electronics
• Battery Electric Vehicles and Hybrid Vehicle Architectures experience
• Electric drives: Traction converters and control strategies experience
• Experiences with communication protocols, such as CAN bus
• Diagnostic and safety systems experiences
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No