If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Service Engineer role in Eaton’s electrical business, based in Singapore.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is responsible for providing the company's after-sales technical and services supports. Provide technical advices, recommend scheduled overhauls, life cycle parts replacement. Assist in product roll-out and start-up, maintain current equipment and resolve faults as required.
- Responsible for technical and administrative support activities including installation, testing, commissioning, repair, modifications, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, engineering change upgrades, etc
- Ensures adequate records and systems are maintained. Maintains communication with design management and specialists in resolving technical problems and/or bringing problems to the design department’s attention
- Responsible for specific service contract/s as the single point of contact interfacing into customer organization, while working with sales prime to drive addition sales in those specific service contract/s (including 24x7)
- Accountable to customer relationship to deliver best in class services delivered to drive service quality to new height
- Responsible for timely, professional, accurate and service oriented response to all technical service enquires
- Identify and isolates equipment start-up malfunctions and takes corrective action
- On-The-Job Training for customer personnel and possibly dealers in equipment operation and maintenance responsibilities
- Represents the company in a customer support role and is responsible for customer's satisfaction with equipment and servicing
- Prepares daily logs and report of work performed. Implement and control workflow documents, and maintain proper practices to keep track of these documents. Communication skills must be adequate to interface effectively with customers both internally and externally
- Analyse and provide advice for customers’ existing equipment status and recommended replacement schedules interface effectively with customers both internally and externally
- Analyse complex engineering problems and offer effective resolutions
- Interact with all engineering disciplines, project engineer and clients
- Collaborate with cross functional teams within Engineering, Sales, and Product
- To be committed & responsible for Quality Management System:
- Implement the process approach and risk-based thinking
- Provide the necessary support to fully implement and sustain the QMS
- Communicating to the organization the importance of conforming to QMS requirements
- Ensuring the QMS meets its goals
- Engage, direct, and support individuals contributing to the QMS
- Create a culture of continuous improvement
If you are:
- Good communication skill
- Qualification: Diploma or equivalent in electrical/electronics discipline
- Experience: UPS service background preferred with at least 2 years’ experience
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: EA East Asia
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time