The Fuel and Motion Control Systems Division of Eaton’s Aerospace Group, has an opening for an Accounting Manager. This position is based in Euclid, OH.
The Euclid facility has approximately 400 employees and is a leader in the design, development, manufacture and delivery of Aerospace Fuel Pumping components, systems and services to the global aftermarket and OEM markets.
This position is the key Finance position in the plant for driving a World Class Finance Team culture in the Euclid business. The position reports directly to the Plant Controller and is primarily responsible for the day to day operations of the Finance team. This role is instrumental in support of the Plant Controller to ensure an adequate internal controls environment throughout the plant. This includes the effective deployment of a comprehensive account reconciliation and balance sheet review process. This position also has direct leadership responsibility for ensuring financial accounting activities at the location are in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, local statutory requirements and Eaton Corporate policies and practice. This role is also instrumental in leading the development of and analysis of forecasts and actual performance and operational metrics. This individual is responsible for the Plant budget process with a focus on cost savings projects and capital expenditures. This position drives the development of organizational capability within the Finance function by participating in the hiring and development of finance personnel within the plant.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will be responsible for the implementation and deployment of an adequate environment of internal control. Lead compliance activities to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley and all applicable statutory requirements as they apply to their areas of responsibility.
- You will provide leadership for plant Balance Sheet review process. Ensure comprehensive account reconciliations are performed monthly. Conduct formal balance sheet reviews to ensure account accuracy. Provide training to all plant finance personnel to ensure a comprehensive understanding of the plant balance sheet reconciliation process.
- You will coordinate monthly closing procedures to ensure accuracy and timeliness. Administer and manage daily finance operations as applicable to plant. Scope to include cost accounting, payroll, payables, billing, capital, and general accounting. Actively seek out improvement opportunities for these processes.
- You will lead and oversee multiple aspects of the forecasting, profit planning, and strategic planning submissions and presentations
- You will assist in development of finance department goals and objectives. Implement procedures necessary to direct department activities toward achievement of goals and objectives. Provide transparent feedback to the Plant Controller on what is working and what is not, along with ideas for improvement when needed
- You will recruit and develop finance personnel to maintain a diverse Finance team filled with top talent
- You will advise, counsel, mentor, evaluate, and motivate finance personnel as necessary. Assist in the training of new finance employees. Ensure an adequate on-boarding plan is in place prior to start date, with on-going status checks to ensure completion in line with scheduled milestones.
- You will provide business partnership to all areas of plant by providing functional expertise, guidance, and education as needed to plant personnel to achieve financial objectives through business partnership. Act as advisor and provide counsel to plant staff and personnel regarding financial operations and interpretation of financial information.
- You will monitor, review, and investigate cross-functional performance measures to ensure goals are met. Develop, communicate, and help to implement corrective actions.
- You will prepare capital appropriation requests in accordance with corporate policy. Ensure recommended capital projects provide appropriate returns on invested capital
- You will manage, analyze, and evaluate fixed asset and capital project systems to ensure accurate and timely reporting of both actual and forecast data.
- You will manage and coordinate annual physical inventory ensuring compliance with corporate procedures and accuracy of physical count. Ensure appropriate cycle count procedures are deployed.
- You will review, analyze, and evaluate department budget system. Develop and implement reports for management use in evaluating results against performance targets.
- You will manage the process to identify and quantify cost out opportunities. Ensure integrity of financial information related to cost out projects.
- You will leads department activities related to process improvements and standard work. Assists in maintaining an atmosphere of continuous improvement and team efforts for accomplishing department and plant goals.
- You will act as the primary financial representative for the plant during the controller’s absence
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum three (3) years Accounting and/or Finance experience
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Experience in Aerospace industry
- Sound working knowledge of GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley and local statutory requirements
- 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Manager of people experience
- Knowledge & understanding of Corporate, region/division and plant reporting policies
- Technical capability to prepare, analyze and interpret financial and operational data/reports
- Superior analytical and thinking skills; Intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities often with demanding time constraints
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to motivate and help direct the organization; exhibits managerial courage in defending a position and handling conflict
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities to achieve clear alignment between plant and region/division
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time