Maintenance Electrician - 3rd Shift
Eaton’s Electrical Distribution Division is currently seeking a Maintenance Electrician on 3rd Shift. This position is based at our La Grange, NC facility.
Maintenance Electricians are responsible for troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of systems using electrical, mechanical and processing skills. The Maintenance Electrician will perform preventative and reactive maintenance on all production equipment.
Making what matters work at Eaton
takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment
where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full
potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
You will Install and repair electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment, following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications, using hand tools, power tools, and electrical and electronic test equipment.
Must possess excellent troubleshooting skills. Work will require experience with AC & DC drives, instrumentation, transducers, and hydraulic/pneumatic controls.
PLC troubleshooting and working with tension controllers
The work is in a high speed equipment/production environment
You will work with computer-controlled systems
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship on an ongoing basis.
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of La Grange, NC to be considered.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Two-year Associate Degree in electrical related field is a plus.
- PLC Troubleshooting experience
- A minimum of five years industrial maintenance electrician experience preferred.
- Previous experience with Computer-Controlled Systems.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD UL Bussmann
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No