If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Financial Accountant in Eaton’s electrical business, based in Sydney, Australia.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
The Financial Accountant is responsible for ensuring that the data integrity associated with the General Ledger is in line with relevant accounting standards as well as adhering to internal policies and procedures. S/he will take ownership of the month end process ensuring that all relevant entries are accounted for, variances are identified and ensures the integrity of the BS in line with US GAAP requirements.
S/He is to provide accurate and timely information on accounting activities and support management with financial reports, statistics and other ad hoc projects.
The individual is responsible for continuous process improvements within the business, building organizational capability and improving the internal control environment.
- Month-end activities relating to the assigned G/L accounts, product lines including journal entries, and P&L and balance sheet analysis
- Monthly financial reporting & In depth variance analysis
- Margin Analysis for product and project sales
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Review, analyze and evaluate financial data and information for accuracy and consistency
- Review BAS submissions
- Prepare FBT returns
- Weekly CRR review
- Assist with the monthly rolling forecast preparation
- Assist with preparation of annual budget
- Manage the anticipatory hedging program and the FX exposure analysis
- Liaise with internal and external Auditors and provide required information
- Oversee shared service function AP
- Implement and administer effective financial policies and corporate procedures ( Ie Global Eaton Policy and SOX / Sarbanes-Oxley)
- Continuous process improvements initiatives
- Liaise with Corporate on insurance and annual workers compensation submission
- Ad hoc reporting
- Co-ordinate Standard cost management
- Variance analysis on standard costs, WIP and projects
- PPV analysis on PO and invoice
- Assist on E&O review and provision calculation
- Assist Annual Inventory valuation
- Analysis of scrap, freight and landed costs
- Assist Annual stock take
- Degree qualified in commerce, business or accounting
- CA/CPA qualified or close to
- Oracle Experience or other large ERP system
- Proficient Excel Skills essential
- Minimum 3-5 years accounting experience essential preferably on General Ledger in
- Manufacturing or industrial related environment, preferred in multinational company
- Commercial acumen
- Good verbal and written English communication skill
- Possess a solid accounting background, an aptitude for ERP and Microsoft office and willing to US GAAP, SOX experience / exposure
- Can do attitude
- The ideal candidate has to be hands on and have the ability to handle a large number of conflicting priorities to strict deadlines is key to the success of this role.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: ANZD AustraliaNew Zealand Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No