Eaton Corporation is currently seeking a Divisional Distribution Services Manager to join our team.
This position will be based at one of our B-Line facilities or warehouse operations in Highland, IL, Sherman, TX, Reno, NV, Worcester, MA, Troy, IL, or Pinckneyville, IL .
The Divisional Distribution Services Manager is responsible for $60 million of spend for the B-line plant. This focuses on carrier management, cost out, and continuous improvement activities from our customers. This position is also responsible for setting the distribution strategy to achieve on time delivery and customer shipment consolidation to our distributors as well as direct customers in North America.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide strategic direction for B-Line’s 26 distribution centers, plants and stocking agents for operational activities including receiving, put away, picking, shipping, replenishing and processing RMAs.
- You will manage $58M in logistics spend with a key focus on driving 5% net year over year cost out in Logistics through CI and lean initiatives and updating B-Line’s order management policy to better service our customers.
- You will develop and implement procedures to increase effectiveness and efficiency of all critical metrics including OTTR, DOH, First Time Order Fill Rate, Lines/Dollars Picked and Logistics Expense.
- You will develop employee training focused on improving the efficiency in the receiving, put-away, pick and ship processes.
- You will develop and implement yearly productivity objectives and cost reduction/control programs and meet Cost Out goals of +$1M.
- You will reduce shipping errors by 25% from 2018 baseline.
- You will ensure staffing, equipment and warehouse sizing is sufficient at each site for the efficient operation of all shifts and departments.
- You will develop standardized BI reports that will be used by all sites to understand stock position, fill rate and desired on-hand inventory position.
- You will ensure all distribution points have safe, efficient equipment needed to perform the distribution functions. Reinforce OSHA regulations regarding environmental health and safety.
- You will recommend equipment requirements (including IT and infrastructure) for B-Line warehouses.
- You will train and develop site distribution leaders.. Ensure CI approach to problem solving and operational excellence and a consistency in application of all local policies and procedures.
- You will develop standard BSC metrics for distribution activities.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent experience of 15+ years
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- 5+ years of experience in a warehouse location
- 5+ years of experience with SAP
- In-depth understanding of order management and customer shipment consolidation strategies
Position Success Criteria:
- Experience in both individual and team-based project planning and leadership.
- High level of ability to communicate clearly, both written and verbal.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule as necessary to meet project requirements.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team of individuals in a multi-tasking environment.
- Team oriented problem solving skills and corrective action methodology. Strong knowledge and understanding of engineering principle and practices.
- Subject matter expertise on all areas of facilities and mechanical engineering disciplines.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time