Systems Analyst and EDI Analyst
Eaton’s Lighting division is currently seeking a Systems & EDI Analyst to join our team. This position is based at our Peachtree City, GA facility.
The Systems & EDI Analyst is responsible for support with customer fulfillment software testing and integration, and provide production support for EDI setup and maintenance In this role, you will have both software and EDI responsibilities, including defining scope, preparation and execution of integration testing and implementation and identifying/resolving errors, UAT activities for new and changing EDI trading partner maps, and gathering/documenting requirements for new or changing EDI trading partner maps.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will understand customer fulfillment software current and future landscape, and develop integration scenarios and test cases, strategizing the software component integration testing, interface testing, system integration testing and end to end integration testing
- You will define the scope of testing within the context of each release or delivery and different applications and design/execute test cases as per the test plan laid out in the test strategy, and manage corrective and preventive actions to meet quality standards.
- You will monitor EDI transactions daily, looking at multiple sources to identify inbound and outbound issues and failures and perform root-cause analysis on identified errors and drive resolution with internal resources and external trading partners
- You will prepare software integration defect reports and coordinate with different application teams to solve defects at root cause
- You will serve as point of contact for EDI error/rejection notification, documenting all EDI support issues and their resolution
- You will gather and document requirements from EDI trading partners for new and changing maps
- You will define and develop EDI test scripts for performance, regression, and user acceptance testing
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Minimum 2 years’ experience with EDI error resolution, trading partner requirements analysis, mapping execution, and ongoing maintenance
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates within a 50 miles radius of Peachtree City, GA will be considered.
Strong knowledge of Web Services testing and software testing processes (mobile app experience preferred)
- Experience leading a software integration project
- Experience with SAP, including SME-level knowledge of IDOCs
Ability to gather and scrutinize data to identify issues, opportunities, patterns, and sustainable business solutions
Ability to use industry knowledge to relate to customer needs and dissolve trading partner concerns
Ability to work independently, managing priorities and handling simultaneous demands
Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and business language
Coordinate business reviews and EDI testing with internal stakeholders and trading partners
Communicate EDI test results to IT and trading partners, and refine test plans and scripts through complete testing cycle
Generate and present EDI status reports and performance metrics
Serve as liaison and communicate effectively between IT, business contacts, application stakeholders, and trading partners across geographic locations.
Performs other duties for projects and various responsibilities as assigned.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time