Lead Engineering Technician
Eaton’s Power Quality Division is currently seeking a Lead Engineering Technician for the Power Factor Correction Business to join our team. This position is based at our Asheville, NC facility.
The Lead Engineering Technician is responsible for utilizing CAD technology to perform design and technical work requiring a high degree of creativity as well as technical and drafting skills, demonstrates a thorough understanding of basic materials, mechanical and electrical principals and manufacturing concepts in the development of standard product designs and/or processing of customer orders of the most complex nature. In this role, you will be creating bill-of-materials and part numbers for non-standard product structures as well as purchased components.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will use Computer Aided Design (CAD) to develop schematics, wiring diagrams, clearances and other involved features of an apparatus or customer equipment design.
- You will demonstrate working knowledge to fits, tolerances, electrical circuit parameters and other related items. You will anticipate manufacturing and/or customer requirements and issues and develop design solutions.
- You will coordinate the drafting work and be responsible for all drawings pertinent to design of customer project order.
- You will prepare all drawings pertinent to a major design project or customer project order.
- You will consult with engineers, customer service, or outside vendors when required to solve problems and also consult with other departments as required obtaining or providing information.
- You will create bill-of materials, labor routings, and part-numbers; maintain database of this information.
- You will work with multiple computer programs including AS400, MQ1, Change Management, Plant Order Manager, and Enovia.
- You will check your work to assure conformance with Asheville Plant's quality standards.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Associate’s Degree from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum 2 years of experience as Electrical Engineering Technician OR AutoCAD experience working on electrical drawings.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without out company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation is
being offered for this role. All
candidates considered must live within 50 miles of Asheville, NC.
- Associate’s Degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering Technology from an accredited institution.
- Must have a thorough understanding of CAD and basic electrical drafting principles.
- MS Office computer skills required
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD OPS Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No