Event Manager (m/f/d)
Eaton is looking for a hands-on and dynamic person to join our Marketing Team as
Location: Bonn, Germany
- Direct assigned event activities within the context of the overall plan and budget for the achievement of short and long term business objectives.
- Manage all aspects of events for some smaller shows: logistics, booth/space needs and design, signage, staff, collateral, vendors, shipments, invoices, schedules and timelines, etc.
- Work with 3rd-party vendors across key areas of assigned events.
- Work in collaboration with key internal partners (EMEA Event Marketing, Product, Sales, etc.).
- Initiate Marketing Programs activities to schedule, create and launch events.
- Own assigned budget.
- Prepare and provide communications to ensure that internal teams (such as Sales, Central Marketing, Creative Services, Product Marketing, Sales Enablement Operations) are aware of planned activities and understand how to leverage them.
- Develop and manage an annual calendar of events.
- Complete follow up plans, evaluations after each event (ROI analyses on program effectiveness).
- Develop, implement, and monitor event management systems, policies, procedures and event tracking.
- Actively participates in annual strategy and budget development process.
- While on location coordinate activities when necessary.
- Be the point of contact for questions and answers during and outside of events.
- Assist the department with other projects as needed – Aspects of various trade shows, in-house shows, MTD etc.
- BA/BS in Marketing, Business Administration, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years event management experience.
- Ability to manage budgets and plan/organize numerous marketing/communication events.
- Ability to evaluate marketing data evaluating metrics of performance.
- Well organized, self-starting individual with strong attention to details.
- Ability to meet short notice deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent customer service and outstanding written and verbal skills.
- Ability to travel occasionally domestically.
- Plus: Graphical skills, Marcom experience.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time