Warehouse Material Handler
Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking a Warehouse Material Handler to join our team. This position is based at our Perth, Ontario facility and is located on 2nd shift. .
This position is responsible to receive, inspect, put away, pick, pack and ship material. The Warehouse Material Handler will load and unload trucks, operate the carousel system and related equipment. You must comply with safety rules & practices. Cleans and organizes the work area.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will work from verbal or written work & safety instructions and established work routines.
- You will use a hand held scanner to pick outbound shipping orders; verify for accuracy. Additionally, you will use a hand held scanner to put away inbound material into stocking locations; verify for accuracy.
- You will use a computer to verify and manifest outbound orders and produce packing slips, labels and Bills of Material. Additionally, you will use a computer to receive inbound purchase orders and produce put away tickets.
- You will inspect and verify inbound material for condition, quantity and correctness. Notifies supervisor of discrepancies or quality issues identified.
- You will use a hand held scanner to cycle count.
- You will load and unload trailers as needed.
- You will utilize electronic scales for small parts counting.
- You will pick up material from the Mod Shop and processes for put away into stock.
- You will stretch wraps skids. Attach required
You will operate the Carousel system to receive and pick material and complete inventory cycle counts.
- You will operator various Lift trucks and Pallet movers.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Grade 12 or equivalent level of education from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
- Only candidates that currently reside within 80 kilometers of Perth, Ontario will be considered
- Basic to Intermediate computer skills, an asset.
- Experience with Lift truck & related warehouse equipment is preferable.
- Basic understanding of mathematical concepts.
- Good interpretation/team member skills, self-motivation & related attributes
Position Success Criteria :
- Fork trucks, riding pallet trucks, hand trucks, carts, stretch wrapping machines, electronic scales, banding machines, carousel, PC’s and other related equipment, pallets and bar code scanners.
- May also operate plant maintenance equipment – power sweeper & scrubber.
Accessibility Policy: Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm”
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No