Promotes culture of continuous improvement and understands lean manufacturing techniques as they apply to eliminate waste and deliver products to customer’s expectations.
Implements methods and practices to reduce variation. Demonstrates ability to understand source(s) of variation and identify impact of tolerance stacks in assemblies. Understands application of SPC and gage R&R.
Participates in concurrent engineering efforts, critical design reviews, Design For Manufacturing and value engineering initiatives as growth opportunities.
Participates in new product development projects using ProLaunch as a tool to articulate deliverables and a vehicle to commit to schedules.
Acts as manufacturing liaison for products from inception through shipment to customer.
Maintains processes and methodologies for manufacturing operations. Assists in the composition of Capital Appropriation Requests (including payback and net present value analysis) for acquisition of equipment to support emerging and existing technologies as required.
Assists leadership team and others in performing work load analysis and resources optimization. Extracts data from ERP systems as needed.
Communicates vision of organization via verbal communication and actions.
Manages projects and delivers same on timely basis.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques – i.e. value stream mapping, one piece flow, etc.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma concepts and tools as they relate to minimizing process / product variability – i.e. regression analysis, hypothesis testing, etc.
- Working knowledge of engineering design and product reliability concepts as to facilitate analysis of fluid dynamics, thermal dynamics, electronic circuits, etc.
- Understanding of problem solving methodologies used in determining root cause and formulating corrective action(s) - i.e. thought maps, 8D, root cause analysis, Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis, Gage R & R, control charts, Pareto charts, etc.
- Understanding of ProLaunch.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, MiniTab; knowledge of Computer Aided Design / Computer Aided Manufacturing,.
- Knowledge of industry and customer specific quality processes (i.e., ISO9001, AS9100 etc).
- Understanding of product and end user application/specifications, including product testing requirements. (design/process interface).
- Understanding of manufacturing principles and technical specifications to support facilities competencies – i.e. metal cutting, tool design, injection molding, welding, soldering, etc.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No