Senior Analyst- Development & Planning
- Market research and financial analysis on Eaton’s end-markets, competitors, suppliers, and products to support corporate and group strategy development.
- Create compelling presentations for senior management on key strategic issues and support generation of presentation material for outside audience such as analysts, credit rating agencies, trade shows and professional conferences.
- Identify corporate/group acquisition targets, new spaces for growth and analyze rationale for potential strategic fit.
- Building business/industry case, identifying key drivers of growth, strategic analysis, identification of potential targets and develop an action plan to support senior management in corporate strategy development.
- Create complete business cases with strategic and financial analysis, to frame strategic rationale for decisions on mergers, acquisitions, Joint Ventures and investment decisions.
- Monitoring and analyzing results (quarterly/annually earnings release, significant events, etc.) of PDI, DI and Peer group companies and report key findings to Senior Leadership and support in building strong internal capability for competitive assessment and market intelligence.
- Act as a thought leader - ensuring that the quality of the output is at the highest level.
- Possess ability to lead projects and mentor junior team members
- Position requires a Masters Degree, preferably an MBA from a premier university/ CA with at least 5 years' work experience either in investment banking, equity research, business development, consulting, strategic planning, investment analysis.
- Candidate must possess strong analytical, financial and strategic thinking skills.
- Job requires proficient English communication skills, including writing clear reports and creating concise presentations.
- This position demands excellent Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills and above average Microsoft Word and Internet research capabilities.
- Desire candidate with understanding of and interest in industrial and manufacturing products, customers, and competitors, including electrical, hydraulic, automotive, truck and aerospace markets.
- Must have experience with DCF financial modeling, strategic framework tools, financial statement analysis and be able to work on multiple projects at one time (time and project management skills).
- Strong research skills on publicly available sources will be a strong plus.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time