Manager, Talent Management and Organizational Effectiveness
Eaton’s Vehicle Group North America division is currently seeking a Manager, Talent Management and Organizational Effectiveness to join our team. This position is based at our Galesburg, MI or Southfield, MI facility.
The TMOE Manager is responsible for applying diagnostic tools, organizational change management principles, and effective coaching techniques to the development of organizational strategies, structures, and processes to facilitate the successful development of our talent and execution of the business strategy.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- In partnership with HR Managers and the Vehicle Group North America Senior Leadership Team, you will facilitate the development of Organizational Capability Assessment reviews and succession plans, identifies upgrade actions, and facilitates the execution of those actions. You will apply Eaton tools and processes to enable effective talent assessments and identification of development strategies.
- You will provide consulting support to regional leadership to build organization capability, improve individual and organization performance, and develop the regional leadership pipeline through the identification and development of high potential talent.
- You will act as an internal consultant and subject matter expert to advise and consult with operational and functional executives in organization design and assist in the planning and development of the appropriate organizational structures, architecture and support systems.
- You will conduct organizational assessments & diagnostics for team & organization development, using defined methodologies to identify critical issues and root causes and implementing appropriate solutions to improve team & organization effectiveness.
- You will facilitate organizational improvement and feedback processes including management of the 360 feedback process, leadership coaching and mentoring,
- You will oversee the employee survey and the subsequent analysis to identify opportunities for improvement in organizational effectiveness, employee engagement and management relationship.
- In partnership with HRMs, you will lead the APEX Performance Management process and utilizes analytical tools to assess and improve individual and organization performance.
- In cooperation with the Talent Acquisition Center and HRMs, you will develop long term staffing plans aligned with the business plan for the selection, development and retention of high caliber and diverse talent to meet future organizational growth plans.
- You will utilize proven organization change management principles and methodology to support large scale organizational change initiatives that achieve targeted outcomes on time and on budget. Enables a change ready organization by building OCM capability across the region and developing change leadership competencies.
- You will establish and lead initiatives to support Eaton Values & Philosophy including activities to support Eaton’s diversity and inclusion efforts, executive mentoring and coaching, and initiatives that foster integration of our values into management practices and behaviors across the business.
- You will assess professional and management development needs across the region and defines development solutions and deployment strategies to fill the critical jobs pipeline and to establish core leadership and functional competencies throughout the organization.
- You will design and manage talent management strategies and processes to include assessment, development, performance, career management, and process(s) to ensure pipeline development for the region.
- You will make assessments, identifies gaps and recommends improvements on plants and functional areas training plans, tools and processes.
- You will provide performance assessment based on HR Key Performance Indicators, driving discussions amongst the HR community and Senior Leaders to implement corrective and proactive actions. You will develop predictive models to identify risks and opportunities in critical areas for the success of the business.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
QualificationsRequired (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five years of experience in human resources
- Minimum of two years of experience in a Talent Management Organizational Effectiveness or related role.
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now and in the future
- MBA or Master's degree in Organizational Effectiveness, Industrial Relations, or Human Resources preferred
- Strong analytical, consulting, and coaching skills; including experience coaching senior leaders
- Experience using organizational design tool
- Management and leadership of development programs knowledge
- Robust experience in developing and implementing talent management strategies and initiatives
- Understanding of performance management systems design and deployment, including feedback processes
- Knowledge of change management methodology, including large scale change initiative experience
- Competency in the full range of instructional design skills from assessment to evaluation and knowledge of various learning technologies in a variety of interventions and methodologies
- Experience designing and/or deploying competency-based performance management or behavioral-based interviewing processes
- Excellent interpersonal influence and strong stand-up facilitation and intervention skills
- Strong business acumen and ability to design long-term human resource strategies to support business plan
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time