Senior Test Engineer
Eaton’s Power Quality Division is currently seeking a Senior Test Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Youngsville, North Carolina facility.
The Senior Test Engineer is responsible for maintaining, designing, and deploying computer-automated tests systems and processes. In this role, you will develop and maintain test and diagnostic programs, test fixtures and supporting equipment. Implements test procedures and processes for assigned products.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will specify, design, build, debug, validate and deploy the computer-automated test systems and processes to be used in manufacturing and subcontractor facilities.
- You will collaborate with design engineers to ensure design for test concepts are incorporated during the development phase.
- You will generate and implement complete test plans based on knowledge of the product and experience with test methodologies and capabilities in multiple locations.
- You will develop final-assembly functional test equipment and procedures for global deployment, as well as functional test equipment for external suppliers and value-adding partners.
- You will develop functional test equipment and procedures, and sub-assembly functional test equipment and procedures.
- You will conduct fault insertion and analysis to determine the equipment's test comprehensiveness, and makes accessible the test Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA)and trouble-shooting procedures.
- You will implement statistical process control on the recorded test data. Collects data from the test fixtures and makes the test data available to the Quality team member for analysis, and to other team members as required to meet project success factors.
- You will train test operators to understand the test process and to utilize and maintain test equipment.
- You will drive continuous improvement for all test processes.
- You will initiate and manage capital projects for test equipment, test facility enhancements and new product start-ups.
- You will implement Engineering Changes to enhance product quality (updates test equipment, software and hardware changes).
- You will reduce cycle time and cost by applying “Lean Manufacturing” techniques.
- You will maintain test documentation and equipment to meet ISO 9001 (including equipment calibration).
- You will develop and implements test strategies to insure product specifications are achieved throughout production.
- You will lead Electrical Safety implementations.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited educational institution.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in electrical testing and designing automated test equipment and test processes
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without out company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Knowledge of communication protocols including GPIB, RS-232
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code Safety Requirements
- Knowledge of industry and customer specific quality processes (i.e., ISO9001 etc.)
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methodology
- Technical understanding of product and end user application/specifications, including product testing requirements
- Knowledge of C++, Visual Basic and LabView are desired, SQL, Acess, Active Server Pages, Faststand
- Knowledge of communication protocols: CAN, I2C, and JTAG
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of test software
- Successful execution as both an individual contributor and team member.
- Ability to read schematics and interpret the behavior of electronic systems by the operation of embedded code and Digital Signal Processors (DSP) controls.
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving using logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Position requires an individual who is self-motivated, self-managed, team-oriented, proactive, attentive to detail, task oriented, and able to overcome obstacles to meet schedule requirements.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD OPS Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico