Mechanical VAVE Engineer
This role requires strong ideation skills and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects across multinational sites. Experience with injection molding, metal stamping, sheet metal, tooling and welding processes is preferred. The position will require facilitation of Value Analysis events to generate a pipeline of ideas and subsequent execution. The incumbent must possess strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively with others in a high paced environment.
- You will provide engineering design support for productivity improvement projects through effective participation on cross-functional VA/VE teams.
- You will guide engineering efforts on critical direct material cost-out projects, including idea development, prototype, project execution, and plant/business system implementation.
- You will support plant and product management cost out activities.
- You will own overall project management for VA/VE projects through Pro-Launch Gate #4
- You will coordinate with operations at manufacturing facilities to implement VA/VE projects
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of one year of product design experience is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Inventor Experience
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- High level of integrity
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities against multiple deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions that provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has more than 100,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time