Eaton’s Fuel & Motion Control Systems division is currently seeking an Electrical Technical Specialist to join our team. This position is based at our Grand Rapids, MI facility.
The Electrical Technical Specialist will join the Software, Control, and Electronics (SwEC) Center of Excellence (COE) design team. This position reports to the Electrical Engineering Manager within the SwEC COE.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will be is responsible for leading electronic controls and architecture design activities during the development of systems and sub-systems
- You will manage requirements and compliance
- You will develop electronic architectures, develop designs, and perform system modeling & analysis
- You will lead internal design reviews and supplier reviews
- You will provide testing and verification oversight for electronic system and motor control products
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience designing motor controls
- Minimum of 3 years’ in Aerospace or similar industry
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without out company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
- Master’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution preferred
- Analog and digital electronics, power electronics design for motor drives, power supply design, electronics packaging design, electronic system fault diagnostic and reporting, serial communication, knowledge of firmware and software
- Independent, data based decision making, innovative, ability to work on cross functional teams, technical leadership
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER HQ SLS
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time