- Play a lead role in defining manufacturing strategy for the operation in alignment with organizational goals.
- Design, develop, evaluate, improve and standardize manufacturing processes and systems. Includes machine/tool selection, purchasing, try out, shop floor implementation and follow up.
- Develop metrics to monitor process performance. Constantly monitor existing processes and drive continuous improvements.
- Play a leadership role in new product launches, process/product changes and cost reduction programs using strong program management tools and guidelines. Responsibility includes project management, defining the process, evaluating/selecting/purchasing machines and tools, process and quality planning using FMEA, control plan, PPAP, SPC, MSA etc. Build quality, safety and productivity in the process.
- Understand customer quality requirements and drive processes & systems to meet the requirements. Ensure that customer requirements are built into the manufacturing process.
- Reduce process variability using QOS and other problem solving techniques (8D).
- Initiate studies of capital equipment requirements based on capacity studies and new product lines. Manage capital expenditure to meet established budget and timing.
- Forecast and manage departmental expenses and capital to meet or beat plan.
- Initiate manufacturing cost estimates on engineering changes, product modifications and new products.
- Direct and coordinate the development and maintenance of accurate work standards, bills, and routings.
- Develop and maintain key processes with strict adherence to ISO, Eaton Safety and Environmental standards.
- Understand the EBS and drive its applicable elements through the organization – ELS, EQS, MESH, Prolaunch etc.
- Work closely with production on problem solving activities for customer and internal issues.
- Supervise, motivate and develop engineers and technicians to build a high performance culture.
Degree in Production or Mechanical Engineering. Masters in Engineering or Business will be an added advantage.
10-12 years of relevant work experience, with 3-5 years as head of Manufacturing Engineering in a medium sized Engineering organization with machining and assembly operations in a high pace precision industry.
Candidate should have
- Strong knowledge of precision machining process like grinding, honing, and lapping.
- Understanding of latest technology trends, machine/tool vendors, and selection processes.
- Understanding of other manufacturing processes such as plating, heat treatment, welding, casting, forging, etc.
- Understanding of Jig/ Fixture/gauge design
- Understanding of Quality tools like PFMEA, APQP,PPAP ,Control plans, Statistical Process control, Measurement systems Analysis, Structured Problem Solving like 7 Step PDCA /8D
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems like ISO9001/TS16949
- Understanding of the Lean Manufacturing concepts and elimination of waste
- Knowledge of systematic layout planning
- Experience in time study/estimation for various processes
- Hands on CAD experience
- Project management skills
- Eaton Leadership Competencies
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time