Field Project Manager
Eaton Corporation’s North America Electrical Sales Division, located in Houston, TX has an immediate opening for Field Based Project Manager.
Position Overview :
The primary function of a Field Based Project Manager (PM) is to own Eaton’s largest, most complex and highest risk electrical projects from order entry to equipment start-up and commissioning. The PM role is expected to create value for the Eaton sales team, product divisions and customers, acting as the primary liaison between internal and external stakeholders, ensuring all project milestones are met in commercial construction, and waste water treatment markets.
The primary functions include; managing the technical aspects of major electrical assembly project orders by meeting customer specifications and timelines for all deliverables including but not limited to: customer relationship management, project financial management, technical project management, documentation (submittals, engineered drawings, O&M’s), coordination of equipment manufacture and delivery, equipment/assembly startup support and addressing quality concerns.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you.
You will build internal and external relationships to facilitate execution of the project management process.
You will coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to perform order transition from sales and clean order entry.
You will build and maintain a project communications plan, maintaining strong customer relationships (including our channel partners) throughout the project lifecycle.
You will build and maintain and communicate a project schedule (milestone matrix) with internal and external stakeholders.
You will oversee and coordinate the technical aspects of projects at a component, assembly and electrical system level.
You will build and communicate a project financial baseline; drive the project financials utilizing a change log optimizing any opportunity to advance the projects financial position through proactive change management.
- You will coordinate factory witness testing.
You will coordinate equipment startup after installation at the site.
You will engage with broader project management organization on the continuous improvement of our systems, processes and tools.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- BS/BA degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years’ of electrical industry experience
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
Relocation is not included with this position. Only candidates that reside within a 50 mile radius of the Houston, TX facility will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- PMP Certification
- Strong application of Engineered Power Products
- 5+ years of electrical experience, Project Management experience
- Marketing, sales or project management experience in
Experience in project management and the project management process
- Ability to present information to others in a persuasive way, professionally and diplomatically assert the leadership role that the title project manager conveys.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of an assignment and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to apply project management methodologies and strategies to reduce potential project risk throughout the duration of the project lifecycle.
- Capable of planning and executing presentations on specific products and services to internal and external customers in order to gain recognition and customer acceptance.
- Knowledge of major competitors in the market and their alignment with distributors and major customers.
- Knowledge on plant front-end scheduling, engineering, and manufacturing process and equipment cycle times.
- Utilize advanced computer skills in word processing,
- Consistent demonstration of planning, leading, and communication.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and situations to achieve superior proactive project order management and customer service.
- Ability to travel 25%
Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: MCO Marketing Commercial Operations
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time