Team Lead (Order Fulfillment) - 1st Shift
- You will support the Distribution Center through metric calculations, reassigning team members to work queues, supporting the DC supervisor, performing routine warehouse management system transactions, and maintaining department specific logs.
- You will work with the DC Lead make sure equipment is available and in good working order for the DC team. Contact the service provider to repair any equipment deemed unusable. Contact maintenance for services on conveyor or other equipment failure. Contact IT for printer maintenance, RF battery needs, etc.
- You will ensure all DC employees are properly trained and will make sure all positions have trained associates to backfill when the normal operator is unable or unavailable.
- You will work with vendors and the purchasing representative to order and/or monitor supplies (labeling, cardboard, skids, packing, etc.)
- You will perform other duties as assigned to facilitate work needs including walk pick, correcting invalid containers and staging supplies. May be required to serve as back up for the DC Supervisor when one is absent
- Completed Associates Degree at a minimum from an accredited institution
- A minimum of 1 (one) year of leadership experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation is provided for this position, only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of the Roanoke, VA facility will be considered.
- Strong communication skills, orally and written
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and other tools
- Ability to lift 40lbs regularly
- Desire and ability to work in a participative style to meet goals and objectives
- 2 years of warehouse experience, including warehouse management system experience
- Previous SAP experience
- Experience with radio frequency (RF) units
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Does this position offer relocation?: No