Lead Engineer.ENG (Product Line Support)
Perform product design engineering for Eaton’s Low Voltage Industrial Circuit Breaker product lines. Primary focus is
ensuring that products function according to customer requirements. Maintain compliance of products with standards.
Assist with resolution of production issues relating to product function. Improve reliability and performance margin of
product designs while reducing their costs. Participate in new product development and production launches in order to
drive business growth.
1. Understand product requirements, applications & governing standards (UL, CSA, IEC, NEMA, etc.), test procedures,
and circuit breaker technology & design intent. Develop, document and interpret design specifications to support the
2. Maintain compliance with requirements, standards and specifications, and maintain third-party certifications. Respond to
non-conformances with investigations and corrective action.
3. Evaluate material, supplier and product design deviations and changes, and approve or reject them according to
4. Enhance performance margin and drive product design robustness.
5. Participate in global team-based product design and development including new ratings, features, and accessories for
existing product platforms, and new products. Contribute to validation and design documentation. Learn and participate in
PROLaunch stage-gate new product development system.
6. Utilize statistical quality tools to design tests, analyze data and evaluate and improve designs. Establish performance
baselines, and identify focus areas and targets for product design robustness improvements.
7. Perform and leverage computer modeling & simulation activities in the product design engineering role. Perform
tolerance analysis on systems and components to optimize specifications on product drawings.
8. Build prototypes and models and develop test plans where necessary to validate product performance. Perform designrelated
testing in lab facilities. Understand and comply with site specific laboratory equipment and procedures, including
health, safety and security aspects.
• Bachelor degree in Industrial, Electronic or Electromechanical Engineering, or similar careers.
o Preferable: Master Degree
• Minimum experience of 5 – 7 years in similar positions.
• Bilingual: English/Spanish.
• Computer knowledge: MS Office, Familiarity with CAD tools – PROE, SolidWorks, AutoCAD or equivalent (and drawing interpretation skills), AS400
• Knowledge of SPC (Statistical Process Control), Lean, 6 Sigma and ISO9001.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time