Eaton’s Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Buyer to join our team.
This position is based at our Jackson, Michigan facility.
The Buyer drives purchasing practices to assigned commodity and applies strong knowledge to ensure products meet quality, delivery, and specification requirements at the lowest possible costs. The Buyer will Identify new suppliers, negotiates price, analyzes trends, and expedites orders within functional area of responsibilities.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will coordinate sourcing strategies and supplier rationalization initiatives with Aerospace Commodity Management to ensure both plant and Aerospace goals are achieved
- You will prepare reports and other correspondence for use by Eaton SCM professionals
- You will coordinate material requirements with production schedules, customer requirements, and provide feedback to scheduling and management
- You will ensure compliance with applicable contract flow down (FAR, DFAR, ITAR, etc.)
- You will execute skillful negotiations with internal and external suppliers; create problem solutions and settle disputes; develop win-win resolutions, and create positive relations with tact, diplomacy, and expert judgment.
- You will support continuous improvement and problems solving within the organization
- You will possess expert knowledge and application skills in the value chain process; and is recognized as an expert in analyzing and interpreting cost drivers when developing cost out strategies
- You will work with suppliers to develop continuous improvement plans in regards to on time delivery and quality
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable functional discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1-2 years' experience in a supply-chain role
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Strong communications and customer care skills when interacting with both internal and/or external customers
- Sound knowledge of supply chain and purchasing reporting systems
- Sound knowledge of Eaton commodity products and supplier resources
- Sound knowledge of supply chain and purchasing requirements
- Sound knowledge of quality assurance and reporting accuracy
- Sound knowledge and applications skills of process improvement
- Process Certifications (CPIM)
- High Level Computer Skills (Excel, One Note, MFGPRO)
Position Success Criteria:
- This position requires the incumbent to apply analytical and problem-solving skills, which includes a strong knowledge of supply chain and purchasing problem solving tools. .
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No