Field Product Manager
Do you want to work for a global company where promoting gender equality is central to our vision of creating a truly diverse and inclusive business ? Where everyone matters, and everyone belongs.
More from us : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzZfovyFZcY
As a Field Product manager, 50% your prime responsibility is Country product growth management, Country Product price management and Country new product launches and interacts with 3 key teams: Business Unit product Line Management, Country Sales Organization, Central Marcom and Marketing.
The other 50% will be PQ Software & Connectivity IPM Software Expert and enable partners across EMEA (40% travel time) to sell and implement Eaton’s existing and future software solution. You will drive the technical adoption of these solutions around the market.
Your main duties
Country product management
• Market and competitor sensing and product positioning by segment
• Local Industry association / IEC Participation
• Product training and support at events
• Customer sales support when requested
• Local business development in support of sales
• Fine-tuning of positioning and offers / sales tools for local mark
• Actively participate in Prolaunch reviews for the product lines (providing input on Quantities, Price Level, Opportunity list, Probabilities, Competitor activity, etc..)
• Be the coordinator for the SIOP demand cycle for the product segment in the country/region of responsibility
Country Product Price Management
• Market sensing and local price management
• Annual price increase process co-owners with country manager and channel manager
• Tactical price management by channel and segment
• Ownership of local product list pricing (follow MDM guidance on product data management)
Country new product launches
• Pre-launch communication
• Local material content development
• Sales trainings & Webinars
• Active role in ramp up/ramp down activities with BU
Vertical Support (alignment to Vertical Segment)
• Support Country Sales Force
• Maintain a constant dialogue and strongly interface with the main vertical sales leader(s) that are important to his product line(s)
• Act as coordinator on the CSO side in the elaboration and execution of the Seasons for country –
• Cooperate with CSO Marcom and Vertical Sales Leaders to select the most adequate and effective actions
• Feedback specific vertical needs to the BU
• Participate in the Cadence between the BU and specific CSO Vertical sales to help BU link with its main markets
PQ Software & Connectivity IPM Software Expert (IPM SE)
• Be the Voice of Customer (VoC) to keep the customer needs addressed in the best way possible.
• Interim measures will include the degree of engagement and connectivity with country sales organizations and different parts of our target markets.
• Build the software technical skills in the organization providing technical inputs coming from customer visits.
• Gather information (pros & cons) about offers from competitors to help building a competitive positioning of our offer.
• Serve as a subject matter expert who can help sales sign up new partners and close significant pieces of business
• Participate in Software and Connectivity leadership team in refining our strategy and product offer
Align product launch messaging with the related Segment Message Maps as pushed in the Seasons
• Ensure that the impact of the product launches is maximized by helping select the most relevant media (in the broad meaning of media) for the launches
What we are looking for:
• Bachelor or Masters Degree in engineering, plus minimum 1 - 2 years’ experience of product management
• Proven track record of achieving success in a technical role.
• Intercultural awareness able to operate in a cross border environment
• 5+ years of experience consultative selling, assessing customer technical needs, implementing software projects through IT distributors, VARs and system integrators
• Some experience in software application engineering or customer support is preferred
• Knowledge about modern SW architecture, IoT, Network management systems, DCIM, Data Center facility management system and MQ/MoM
• Ability to engage in technical sales, Strong presentation and training capabilities.
• Fluent in English. Additional European language capabilities a plus
What Eaton offers
• At Eaton, we aspire to be a model of inclusion and diversity in our industry—a place where everyone matters and everyone belongs. These aren’t just words, they are part of our culture and code of ethics
• Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time