Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As a Finance Manager you will ensure the effective delivery of all key US GAAP finance activities for the Eaton European Innovation Centre (EEIC) in Prague including monthly actuals, balance sheet management, profit planning, forecasting and cost management of the EEIC ledgers in line with the Eaton financial cycle.
Your key deliverables :
• Meeting reporting deadlines for monthly, quarterly and year-end closings - ensuring accuracy & timeliness of financial results supporting the Actuals, Forecasting, Profit Plan, Strategic Plan.
• Directing all accounting activities of the EEIC finance team in accordance with Corporate, Czech and US GAAP regulatory requirements (audit, tax, foreign exchange, treasury, analysis, etc.) – ensuring accurate actuals, forecasts, profit plans and capital expenditure
• Managing & improving financial controls & processes while mitigating issues
• Performing specialized analysis to support complex decisions
• Participating as a key business partner to the EEIC business leadership team, CTO Leadership and business groups in all financial matters pertaining to the EEIC. Contributing to the business strategy development and operational execution of the business plans. Helping to create the future state vision for the EEIC and help drive deployment
• Driving financial process & system improvements to deliver best in class decision making and protect all company assets (property, working capital and intellectual property).
• A qualified accountant with 5- 7 years of financial management experience
• University degree (Business / Finance / Accounting)
• Proven experience in managing and developing an accounting team
• Must have strong analytical skills to interpret and relate financial data. Be able to see detail and the big picture so that resulting comments show the story line as well as the detail.
• Knowledge and experience of financial practices and systems of multinational corporations, especially US GAAP and statutory accounting requirements.
• Extensive knowledge of Local Country statutory reporting requirements
• Practical experience in such areas as VAT, Foreign Exchange, Customs, Taxation, Transfer pricing, and AP / AR Management
• Excellent working knowledge of Czech and English
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
• Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
• Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
• Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
• Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time