Senior Engineer - RMS
Job Title: Senior Engineer-RMS #063003
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to Senior Engineer-RMS in Eaton’s Aerospace Division, based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of EIIC and this role is established for Aerospace business of Eaton
Your essential responsibilities:
- Responsible for independently delivering RMS work packages for multiple new technology & new product development projects across Fluid Motion Controls Business’ Internal Research & Development projects.
- Responsible to influence the design and bring in novel ideas to not only mitigate reliability/safety risks but also aid to optimize the product performance.
- Responsible for evaluating new technology/architecture reliability and safety risks for Aerospace applications.
- Develop new/unconventional DfR methods in the field of reliability & safety to aid to risk identification & mitigation in the new product development cycle.
- Drives initiatives to deploy the risk mitigation within the organization including deploying the Problem-solving methods such in the new product development and/or existing product improvements in the cross functional team.
- Responsible to build & sustain actuarial model library of aerospace components
- Create and/or revise RMS deliverables such as Reliability, Maintainability & Safety Program Plan, Functional Hazard Assessment (FHA/SFHA), System Safety Analysis (PSSA/SSA), Reliability Predictions Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA, FMECA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Maintainability Analysis, Testability Program Plan, BIT Analysis, Highly Accelerated Life Test (HALT), Reliability Demonstration Test (RDT), for New Product Development (NPD) and/or product improvements.
- Work with cross functional team as well as global reliability engineering team for designing in reliability on NPD programs modifications & warranty reduction programs. Thus, responsible for identifying, managing and mitigating reliability and safety risks.
- Planning project milestones, executing milestones and hours, conducting deliverables reviews, communication with stakeholder and on-job development through technical mentoring.
If you are:
Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics/Electro-mechanical with ASQ CRE certification
Master’s Degree in Reliability Engineering
Bachelor’s with 5+ experience in Aero RAMS or Masters with 2 years working in RAMS
Proficiency in standards such as NPRD-95, FMD-97, MIL-HDBK-217F, MIL-STD-1629, Rev A, SAE ARP 4761, SAE ARP 4754, FAR 25.981, FAR 25.863, AC 25.981-1C, AC 25.981-2A.
Skilled in the areas of reliability statistics, FTA/FMEA, 8D, developing & analyzing component failure rates. Knowledge in FRACAS and reducing field/warranty data into relevant life and failure rate information.
Experience with any industry proven reliability analysis suite of tools, Reliasoft preferred.
Work experience in the Aerospace systems. Preferred: DFSS GB certified from reputed organization etc.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time