- Manages and directs site in achieving EHS targets & objectives. Directs development, maintenance, and achievement of goals in support of corporate and business group EHS strategic initiatives.
- Facilitates risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects. Works with leadership team to create targets and objectives based on key EHS risks.
- Determines appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track performance against targets and objectives.
- Supports creation of EHS goals for the site manager and appropriate activity based goals for the leadership team, functional managers, and front-line supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
- Works to assign MESH element champions and facilitate their engagement in ownership of the MESH elements.
- Drives and promotes zero incident EHS culture throughout site.
- Creates and facilitates EHS engagement through EHS teams and committees needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
- Works with leadership team and MESH element champions to complete an annual evaluation of compliance for EHS country, state, and local regulations.
- Pursues third party recognition for programs that establish the site and Eaton’s EHS program as world class.
- Uses established EHS data processes such as MESH Prism to manage data such as injuries and illnesses, environmental metrics, risk assessments, EHS action items and other pertinent information.
- Create training matrices to ensure that all training is defined and tracked to completion
- Work with site leadership team and facilities to ensure that all key EHS operational controls are in place, on a PM program, and that EHS action items are resolved on a timely basis.
- Supports C-TPAT, OEA developing and updating procedures related. Participate in trainings and keep EHS personnel trained.
BS or BA from an accredited institution qualification in occupational safety, industrial hygiene, environmental discipline or equivalent.
- Requires a minimum of 7 years of experience in EHS
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of experience as EHS Manager
- Experience in manufacturing Companies
- Bi-lingual (Spanish and English)
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution
Professional certification preferred (Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist, Certified Hazardous Materials Manager, or equivalent)
Emphasis in environmental, health and safety program management and employee training.
High level of interpersonal skill to work effectively with others
Strong leadership skills, must be capable of leading their organization on a continuous journey of sustained improvement, including ability to manage large number of disparate projects and to track projects through completion.
knowledge of industrial chemistry and waste control/elimination technology and practices.
Adept at development and utilization of software solutions
Understanding of manufacturing technologies and processes
Ability to lead and support cross-functional process improvement team
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Demonstrated ability to build organizational capability
- Analytical skills
- Coaching/Facilitation/Conflict Management skills
We’re a power management company, but more importantly, what we do improves the quality of life and the environment. Our products, technologies and services make a difference in the world.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: Latin America
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only