Engineering Lab Technician
Eaton’s E-Mobility division is currently seeking an Engineering Lab Technician to join our team. This position is based at our Tualatin, OR facility.
The Engineering Lab Technician is responsible for performing electrical and mechanical testing on engineering prototypes and production samples under the guidance of the project engineer or lab manager. In this role, you will follow written test plans, perform tests, record data, and complete written test reports. Performs functions as necessary to support all product development and maintenance activities.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will review each assigned project with the project engineer or lab manager to reach an understanding of the test program to be followed, take responsibility for its execution, record and report the results.
- You will interpret test results during the testing and clearly communicate progress and conclusions to the project engineer either verbally or in writing.
- You will assist in the assembly and organization of test setups and test fixtures. Assists with the construction of test fixtures as required to perform necessary functional and environmental tests.
- You will demonstrate a working knowledge of standard test procedures. Understands the capabilities, use, and care of available equipment.
- You will maintain an understanding of new technologies as appropriate for future testing.
- You will assist in the development and implementation of safety regulations.
- You will practice continued self-improvement in verbal and written communication skills. Utilizes computer programs and software to be more productive.
- You will establish a close working relationship with project engineers and peers. A good team member that is able to understand and use information from others to achieve a common goal.
- You will coordinate and bring successful closure to distinct assignments. Uses invention, imagination, creativity, and resourcefulness during the course of assigned work.
- You will share knowledge with other technicians as necessary to improve technician pool’s core knowledge and capabilities.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Associate’s Degree in Electrical, Electronic, or Mechanical Technology from an accredited institution is required
- Electronic, mechanical, electro-mechanical, soldering and computer aptitude or related technical experience
- Use of electronic test equipment: power supplies, electronic loads, DMM, Oscilloscopes, etc
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without out company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of Tualatin, OR.
- Experience in an engineering test lab and product development
- Must have good communication, organizational skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to complete tasks with general supervision.
- Detailed skill in use of computers and software for test automation, documentation and analysis
- Aptitude in the use of hand tools for mechanical assembly and electrical soldering and wiring of test apparatus and devices to be tested.
- Must be able to lift 40 Lbs.
- Unaccompanied travel to outside labs, customer sites, or external manufacturing sites, including offshore sites, may occasionally be required.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time