Eaton’s Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Buyer to join our team.
This position is based at our Torrance, California facility.
The Buyer drives purchasing practices to assigned commodity and applies strong knowledge to ensure products meet quality, delivery, and specification requirements at the lowest possible costs. The Buyer will Identify new suppliers, negotiates price, analyzes trends, and expedites orders within functional area of responsibilities.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will quote and buy all Fabricated/Custom Items, Kanban Card items and all office/miscellaneous items
- You will control inventory impact by analyzing MOQ vs consumption
- You will maintain MRP health by aligning PO dates and managing PO quantities
- You will run and respond to daily MRP report
- You will run and respond to daily Exceptions Report (Reschedule In, Reschedule Out, Cancels, Late PO’s)
- You will issue and maintain all consignment purchase orders for key CMs
- You will resolve PO/Invoice discrepancies in a timely manner
- You will manage OSP components (plating, screening, etc.)
- You will process supplier related RMA’s
- You will pursue and track cost out in accordance with divisional supply base
- You will ensure fixed vendors align with divisional supply base
- You will execute MRP and the timely creation of shop orders to satisfy customer demand, achieve desired stocking levels and maintain flow of work on the factory floor.
- You will communicate and coordinate with production supervisors and purchasing teams to ensure schedule adherence and recovery if required.
- You will assess shortages by work order and/or customer order and communicate to Production Management and Customer Service
- You will review and maintain SAP data integrity inclusive of routings and bill of material accuracy.
- You will communicate frequently and proactively with customer service teams to meet or exceed customer expectations and establish effective relationships.
- You will track progression of production orders, investigate factors that affect schedules, and modify plans as necessary
- You will expedite critical orders throughout the supply chain.
- You will inform management of potential production problems and assist in the implementation of both short and long term solutions.
- You will assess forecasted demand to ensure safety stock and strategic inventory levels on finished goods are maintained.
- You will perform planning functions required to achieve the timely and successful launch of new products and participate as assigned on new product development teams.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- 3+ years of Planning/Buying experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Buyer/Planner using SAP
- Bachelor’s Degree in SCM or related field
- Aerospace manufacturing experience
- Low volume, high mix environment experience
Position Success Criteria:
- Must be manufacturing oriented, team player, problem solver, and possess negotiation skills for handling hourly workers, engineering, and manufacturing supervisors
- Must exhibit a high degree of reliability, problem solving, resource planning and purchasing skills, scheduling, and leadership skills to ensure results.
- The incumbent receives numerous inquiries and must project confidence, courtesy, firmness, organization, and ability to analyze large amounts of data
- Strong communications and customer care skills when interacting with both internal and/or external customers
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No