Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Your key deliverables:
This position is responsible as part of the plant leadership team for achieving business and financial goals by developing and maintaining robust manufacturing processes and leading continuous improvement / cost out initiatives across the organisation. Additional responsibility includes executing the organisation’s strategic plan consistent with UK & European legislation, and local regulations, established industry standards, and customer requirements.
- Budget responsibility for Manufacturing Engineering department, site consumable spend, MUV and act as key customer on behalf of operations for the Engineering Sustaining budget
- Responsible for the introduction, development and continuous improvement of all manufacturing processes and product structures across the Titchfield site.
- Accountable for commitment and cross functional delivery of site financial cost savings (Manufacturing cost out) through employing continuous improvement and lean methodologies. Lead the culture of continuous improvement.
- Manage on site and off site supplier contracts & relationships. Develop strategic partnerships to reduce costs and improve performance.
- Responsible for development and delivery of the site manufacturing strategy and related infrastructure projects
- Collaborates with the Engineering & Programme Management Organisations throughout new product design to minimise product development costs and maximise useful life of products.
- Site owner for Manufacturing excellence Quality Leading Indicators (QLI) such as PPAP, Process standard Work & Special Processes. Site owner for ProLaunch deployment category within OpA. Signatory holder for CCB, supplier transitions and new product gate reviews.
- Develop and integrate new processes, methodologies and emerging technologies as to provide competitive advantages for the business.
- Lead and manage the Manufacturing Engineering department providing a vision and strategy for the organization. Develop the teams and team members to improve performance
- Relevant Engineering Degree, or equivalent qualification
- Solid understanding of engineering design and product reliability concepts as to facilitate analysis of fluid dynamics, thermal dynamics, electronic circuits, etc
- Detailed knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques – i.e. value stream mapping, one piece flow, etc.
- Understanding of Six Sigma concepts and tools and where they relate to minimizing process / product variability – i.e. regression analysis, design of experiments, hypothesis testing, etc. Ensuring they are deployed appropriately
- Thorough understanding of problem solving methodologies used in determining root cause and formulating corrective action(s) - i.e. thought maps, 8D, root cause analysis, Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis, Gage R & R, control charts, Pareto charts, etc.
- Understanding of ProLaunch.
- Proficiency in various software applications – i.e. Computer Aided Design, Computer Aided Manufacturing, MS Office suite, MiniTab, etc.
- Knowledge of industry and customer specific quality processes (i.e., ISO9001, AS9100 etc).
- Knowledge of product and end user application/specifications, including product testing requirements. (design/process interface).
- Knowledge of manufacturing principles and technical specifications to support facilities competencies – i.e. metal cutting, tool design, injection moulding, welding, soldering, etc.
- Ability to lead cross-functional process improvement teams
- Understand application of SPC and gauge R&R.
- Managing teams, including coaching, mentoring & performance management
- Customer / Supplier interfacing (presentations, negotiations etc)
What Eaton offers?
Competitive compensation and benefits package (/you can list the benefits here/)
Contract in fast growing global company
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
(Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening. – if applicable)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time