Manager, Government Contracts
Eaton Corporation is currently seeking a Manager of Government Contracts to join our team. This position is based at our Menomonee Falls, WI facility.
The Manager, Government Contracts, will be responsible for all phases of research and technology development contracts including formulation of responses to government solicitations, negotiation of awards and compliant execution of contract scope to achieve stated goals and objectives for our customers while ensuring the same standard of excellence and compliance from subcontractors and suppliers. Continuous engagement with technical, operational and financial functions is critical as they look to you for guidance and information to ensure compliance with comprehensive governmental regulations. The regular review and improvement of policies, processes and associated documentation is part of your charter as we build upon a tradition of excellence within Eaton’s Corporate Research and Technology Center.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will lead the management of federal contracts through review, analysis and interpretation of the terms and conditions identifying all legal risks and business considerations for CRT.
- You will conduct the negotiation of government contracts directly with the government and coordinate CRT’s negotiating position by teaming with other corporate functions.
- You will ensure CRT’s compliance with financial reporting and invoicing requirements of the contract.
- You will ensure the accuracy of pricing and supporting documentation for material, equipment and subcontractor costs for proposal preparation.
- You will manage subcontracts including providing input into the development of subcontract SOW by the technical team.
- You will serve as Small Business Liaison Officer (SBLO) and administer CRT Small Business Program for government contracts.
- You will monitor the performance of the contract throughout its duration to ensure that all obligations are fulfilled.
- You will provide expertise and oversight to ensure CRT maintains a compliant contractor purchasing system per DFARS 252.244-7001.
- You will supervise government property records and ensure compliance with applicable government property requirements pursuant to FAR Part 45 or the specific contract.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years' professional experience in Government Contracts
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on an on-going basis without Company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Menomonee Falls, WI to be considered.
- 7+ years' professional experience as a Government Contracts Manager
- 3 to 5 years’ experience with regulations like FAR, DFAR, CFR, DEAR, ITAR, EAR, TINA, and CAS
- 3 to 5 years’ experience managing requirements for government property, subcontracting and small business programs for government contracts
- Experience working with government agencies like Department of Energy, Advance Research Project Agency-Energy, and U.S Navy
- NCMA Certified Federal Contract Manager
- In-depth knowledge of FAR, DFAR, CFR, DEAR, ITAR, EAR, TINA, and CAS, or proven ability to learn
- Ability to set effective goals
- Detailed oriented
- Possess excellent organizational skills and be able to work independently
- Strong written and verbal skills to effectively interface with all levels of business, management and government officials
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize commitments, manage time effectively and work independently to meet time sensitive deadlines
- Ability to maintain high quality in a team oriented, rapid paced, time sensitive environment
- Strong customer service focus
- Quick comprehension of customer and company contract requirements
- Ability to develop and implement tools and automation to increase the speed and simplicity of processes
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: CTO Corporate Technology Office
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time