SCM Program Manager - Aftermarket
Eaton’s Vehicle Group North America division is currently seeking an SCM Program Manager to join our Regional Supply Chain team
This position is based at our Galesburg, MI facility.
This position will act as the primary conduit between the business unit it supports and the SCM organization. This role is responsible for managing new programs from the design phase to production to meet all program timing, cost, and quality requirements while also assist with early supplier involvement in new product introduction to meet key SCM initiatives and alignment with commodity plans of the Vehicle Group. This role will also manage SCM tactical implementation of strategic initiative and coordinate with engineering, manufacturing, operations, purchasing and SQA to develop, manufacture, and successfully launch new projects.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will guide and communicate program needs to commodity managers to provide pricing and capacity analysis on all Programs from Prolaunch Phase 0-4 and represent SCM function as needed for program launches
- You will manage deliverables of team members for VGNA Aftermarket and Clutch product launches to ensure proper execution of changes and launches.
- You will participate and represent SCM in APQP activities for all new product launches for business segment
- You will support scheduling and business unit involvement in Sourcing Councils for new product launches
- You will oversee and track supplier tooling deliverables.
- You will coordinate with commodity teams to ensure strategies align with strategic and profit plan.
- You will design for Manufacturability review and facilitation, process improvement, standardization for supply chain activities.
- You will ensure completion of negotiations with suppliers regarding price, terms, quality, tooling, transportation.
- You will coordinate the exchange of technical information regarding product and product processing with adequate safeguards for confidentiality
- You will participate in teams working towards continuous process improvements, elimination of waste, and advance product quality planning
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business or Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of Supply Chain experience
- Graduate level degree preferred from accredited institution
- PMP Certificate preferred
- 5 years’ experience in Program Management or similar strategic role
Position Success Criteria:
- Strong Communication and Presentation Skills
- Ability to lead and work cross functionally
- Ability to think Strategically
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Understanding of key program financial metrics
- Contract Negotiating Skills
- Blueprint reading skills
- Knowledge and skills in Program Management basics
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time