Lead Systems Engineer
Eaton’s Power Reliability division is currently seeking a Lead Systems Designer to join our team. This position is based at our South Milwaukee, WI facility.
The Lead Systems Engineer is responsible for technical execution of New Product Development and VAVE projects and employs effective communication upward, downward, and across functions to understand, set and maintain project expectations.. In this role, you will encounter mechanical, electric power, electronics, materials science, and other disciplines and will own their integration into a cohesive product for electric distribution systems.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will lead all technical aspects of large NPD projects alongside Project Leader (who manages resources, team structure, communication, schedule and budget).
- You will define, manage, and reach consensus on product requirements from all invested stakeholders.
- You will oversee integration of major mechanical, electronic, and high voltage subsystems of new products.
- You will own system-level design. Maintain a design scorecard to measure design progress.
- You will own design validation based on requirements.
- You will prioritize team activities in order to launch successful projects on time.
- You will lend credibility to design team by acting as technical representative of the project before senior management.
- You will drive consistent documentation of design decisions and test results.
- You will identify and document best practices for future programs.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in product design engineering
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Experienced in systems engineering including requirements development and system integration.
- Six Sigma Green/Black Belt certification.
- Experienced with 3D modeling.
- Experienced with FEA and/or other types of modeling and simulation.
- Membership in at least one professional society (e.g. IEEE, ASME, INCOSE).
- Active Professional Engineer licensure in any state.
- Involved with industry standards development.
- Familiar with the electric power industry, especially medium-voltage distribution.
- Familiar with project management practices.
- Able to read and understand a typical patent.
- Demonstrated capability in technical communication, both written and oral.
- Efficient. Able to prioritize among conflicting needs within a dynamic environment and execute to a plan, working alone or with a team.
- Organized. Proficient at data management and information cataloguing using basic software tools (e.g. MS Office products).
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time