Assembly Technician-II (Wire Board - 2nd Shift)
Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking an Assembly Technician-II (Wire Board – 2nd Shift) to join our team. This position is based at our Greenwood, SC facility.
The Assembly Technician- II will perform assembly, wire, fit and modification work involved in the manufacture of medium and high voltage, indoor and outdoor assemblies, breaker and auxiliary compartments, breakers, renewal parts of assemblies or breakers, customer service orders, power modules and any sub-assemblies associated with these. Identify and collect needed materials for kits, when required, and assemble and prepare for shipment.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will assemble, adjust or repair using hand and air tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges and measuring devices assemblies and sub-assemblies of a repetitive and/or non-repetitive nature as required.
- You will fill out ISO checklists, quality checklists, customer checklists, feedback forms, and production lists for supervision, drafting, customer service, and engineering as required.
- You will mount and install electrical equipment. Perform wire operations as required.
- You will receive, pick, label, pack and prepare for shipment, all material and assemblies.
- You will maintain minimum levels of Kanban inventory and report shortages to appropriate operators.
- You will inspect all assemblies for loose or missing hardware and cleanliness.
- You will respond to change notices, customer requested adjustments and development needs.
- Assist engineering, drafting, and supervision with customer initiated development work.
- You will work to manufacturing information, drawings, sketches, written or oral instructions from supervision and to established procedures.
- You will make adjustments and modifications to assemblies to assure proper operation.
- You will occasionally perform development work on non-repetitive units.
- You will identify special or non-standard conditions and notify supervision.
- You will make sure all nuclear breakers and parts meet all nuclear requirements (DHP & VCP).
- You will assist NSD during witness testing of nuclear breakers.
- You will request shipping releases using appropriate AMS transactions and maintain shipping records.
- You will verify breaker components meet or exceed current design specifications to rebuild VCP and DHP breakers and recommend replacement parts and work needed to perform rebuild.
- You will receive and stock incoming material and pick parts for assembly.
- You will pack, crate, and tape finished product according to instructions and prepare for shipping.
- You will use material handling equipment to move product and supplies. May lift and carry up to 50 lbs. and push or pull up to 100 lbs. occasionally with assistance.
- You will fix and mechanically test DHP-VR breakers and make final adjustments in preparation for test.
- You may travel to customer site to assist with installation of equipment. Interacts and coordinates activity with customer needs.
- You will assist lower coded operators or perform tasks of lower coded positions
- You will observe all safety and hygiene requirements as specified or directed.
- Maintain a clean orderly and safe workplace.
- You will
be expected to comply with the environment, health, and safety
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D. from an accredited institution
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
• Relocation is not offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate Greenwood, SC area (60 miles) will be considered for this position (with exception of internal candidates currently assigned to one of our Greenwood, SC sites)
• At least 3 months of manufacturing experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
• At least 3 months of experience using hand and air tools
• South Carolina Manufacturing Certification (SCMC) or equivalent
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No