Lead deployment of Continuous Improvement vision and strategy. This includes Lean and Six Sigma process deployment, training, and mentoring at the plant level. This role is a key member of the plant staff and ensures a plant culture of Continuous Improvement and Lean that is then leveraged to drive change. Includes fulfilling leadership duties and providing input for plant strategy and direction.
Job duties support the creation and implementation of Lean and Six Sigma strategies, which will lead to improvements in areas such as factory margins, product delivery performance, employee safety and reductions in product/process variation. Note that the primary function of this role includes but is not limited to the manufacturing operations of the plant.
- Works through the leadership team to lead the development and implementation of the site Lean and Six Sigma strategy, actions, and cross-functional activities including Rapid Improvement Events (RIEs).
- Provides site Continuous Improvement training including Lean and Six Sigma training.
- Conducts Eaton Lean System (ELS) assessments, and identify performance gaps. Works through the leadership team to prioritize improvement activities and close gaps.
- Provides Lean and Six Sigma support across the organization to drive short-term and long term business improvements.
- Utilizes Lean and Six Sigma tools to eliminate waste driving customer satisfaction, cost reduction, and improved working capital performance.
- Leads the continuous improvement (Lean and Six Sigma) team. Assists in improvement activities including training, mentoring, facilitating Kaizen events, Six Sigma projects, tool deployment, benchmarking, etc.
- Provides site Lean and 6 Sigma Mentoring to support of functional talent development and succession planning
- Works with Regional/Divisional CI Manager to ensure alignment of plant CI activities to broader functional strategy and vision
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we as individuals and as a company are stronger.
- 5 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Formal training/certification in Lean( 5S, Standard work, Value Stream Mapping (VSM), Setup Reduction (SUR), Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Lean Material Flow (LMF) and 6 Sigma with at least 5 years of related experience.
- Experience in implementing Lean in High/Low volume High mix type product environment
Operations or Product Engineering experience at least 3 years
- Experience managing/leading others
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven capability to lead change in a team environment.
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in Power Point, Visio, Minitab (or other Statistical software)
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities across multiple sites
- Experienced Lean and 6 Sigma trainer and mentor
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time