You will prepare schematics and wiring diagrams for marine power distribution products, including ETO products with advanced customizations, for our floor to assemble.
You will assist with scheduling for marine power distribution products, ensuring items are manufactured based on customer need and plant capacity levels.
You will establish, negotiate, and authorize price levels and lead times for marine power distribution products based on competitive feedback, plant workload, and guidance from the Sales Manager and Product Manager.
You will work closely and maintain positive relations with customers, distributors, supply chain, Eaton sales personnel and internal plant personnel in support of high-quality customer service.
You will perform purchasing of parts in support of manufacturing orders and proactively resolve all issues to ensure timely receipt of the materials required to meet the production schedule.
You will manage Customer Quality (CQM) warranty issues with respect to troubleshooting and engineering of products shipped.
You will manage engineering directives from product line engineering and ensure implementation as needed.
You may visit job sites to assist with quotes and troubleshooting Marina Power and Lighting products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of one (1) year of product engineering experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or Mechatronics Engineering
3 years of related product engineering experience
Strong product knowledge of Panelboards/Switchboards
Strong knowledge in power distribution
Knowledge of Eaton applications (Bid Manager, POM, AS400, Mapics)
- Ability to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong presentation aptitude and public speaking experience.
- Ability show strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to demonstrate problem-solving ability and an innovative mind set.
- Strategic planning ability and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to learn market influences.
- Ability to display practical experience and understanding of the electrical industry such as residential, construction, and industrial markets.
- Experience in corporate partnerships.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time