Welder - 2nd Shift
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will tig weld Titanium, Aluminum, Inconel, Stainless Steel and Carbon materials ranging in thickness from 0.020" to 0.120” and O.D.’s from 0.188” – 2.00”
- You will inspect parts using fixtures, gages, and other inspection equipment.
- You will utilize, read, and interpret blueprints to accurately create welds.
- You will support cross functional Lean/Continuous Improvement Teams to improve manufacturing process efficiency and customer quality and delivery performance.
- Pay for this position is $25.94 plus a $.70 shift differential
- Health and medical benefits begin on your first day of employment. Eaton offers competitive plans with Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Delta Dental and Eye Med Vision. Hourly employees receive a retirement pension and have the opportunity to contribute to a 401k Savings Plan.
- This position will be on second shift with some training occurring during first shift.
- You must be available to work different shifts, and be able to change shifts
- Completion of a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Certification in welding from a technical school, and/or a minimum of 1 year (GTAW) TIG welding experience.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate Jackson area (50 miles) will be considered for this position.
- Experience with Miller Dynasty Power Supply preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and WPS/PQR instructions preferred.
- Demonstrated aptitude using calipers, micrometers and visual weld inspection knowledge preferred.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No