Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Eaton’s Vehicles division is currently seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Reynosa facility.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for Performs research, design, and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and productivity improvement.
- Conducts manufacturing trial/runs to measure and provide a real analysis capacity.
- Analyze and maintain the production lines capacity in order to identify capacity issues.
- Applies safety and ergonomic principles and methodologies to prevent accidents.
- Production times improvement, production costs, production cycles and SCRAP.
- Write appropriation requests for new or lines modifications.
- Design process solutions and equipment/tools required for new product introduction.
- Develop local equipment suppliers to reduce costs.
- Responsible for actively participating in all Continuous Improvement activities.
- Standardize process in order to reduce capital investment and optimize equipment usage.
- Work together with PM and PE to launch the new products without problems & on time.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Mechanic Engineer, Electro mechanic Engineer, Industrial Engineer Degree or similar
- + 5 experience years as Manufacturing Eng. (Automotive Experience working as Tier 1 for GM, Ford, Chrysler etc)
- Knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic
- Skills to handle machines & Tools
- Expert in Core tools (PFMEA, MSA/Minitab, SPC)
- Bilingual (Spanish/English).
- Desirable knowledge of Lean Manufacturing.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Latin America
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time