Quality Technician - 2nd Shift
- You will ensure that processes need for the quality management system are established, implemented, and maintained.
- You will execute the quality strategy and assist in driving continuous improvements in quality culture.
- You will ensure the site complies with quality procedures and requirements established by the operating division (Hydraulics and Aerospace), Industrial Sector and Eaton Corporation.
- You will participate in performing 8D investigations when necessary or requested.
- You will drive error proofing solutions and implementation where appropriate.
- You will actively be involved in the implementation efforts of required quality systems.
- You will support the deployment and implementation of specific initiatives aimed at improving Quality and Operational Excellence; promote continuous improvement activities.
- You will engage in activities related to Quality as needed, including 8D’s, Kaizen events, BPI’s, and other problem solving activities.
- You will response rapidly to address open quality issues and working closely with Operations and Engineering to drive permanent solutions.
- You will accurately complete computer transactions as necessary (labor & scrap transactions, inventory disbursements & cycle counts, expense items, document and report inspections findings & results, etc.).
- You will maintain a safe, clean and orderly work environment through effective housekeeping, 5S and TPM practices.
- You will follow all plant, safety, and environmental rules and regulations. Support plant lean, safety, quality and continuous improvement efforts.
- You will model the Eaton ethical conduct policy, the Eaton Values and Philosophy, and comply with all other corporate, plant, and regulatory policies and regulations as applicable.
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US on an on-going basis without company sponsorship
- No relocation is provided for this position, only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of the Middlesex, NC facility will be considered
- Minimum of two years of experience in Quality and/or Manufacturing
- Training, experience, and/or certification in problem solving tools and techniques (8D, corrective and preventive action, 5-why analysis, fishbone/ Ishikawa diagrams, error-proofing/ poka-yokes)
- Quality Management System knowledge and experience
- Ability to operate a forklift and pallet jack
- Ability to use and read calipers, micrometers, gages, tapes, rulers, and other instruments
- Ability to perform tasks to written procedures
- Ability to read purchase orders, prints and specifications
- Ability to learn computer transactions
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No