Sales Support Representative
- You will communicate with agents and customers on luminaire selection, lighting requirements, electrical systems, recommending fixtures and controls to customer and/or outside sales based off project specifications and requirements.
- You will coordinate receipt of all information for the preparation of final quotation submittal, ensuring consistent, competitive and profitable pricing.
- You will identify prospective customers and create new opportunities with our Business Development Managers.
- You will grow existing accounts by means of cross-selling, up-selling, add-on sales and proactively recommending items needed by customers to increase customer satisfaction and overall project profitability.
- You will collaborate with sales and product managers during project hand-off meetings to ensure seamless transition and execution.
- You will prepare project hand-off files including controls form, photometric/installation drawings, SAP orders, project transfer forms, and RFPs.
- You will act as Ephesus Lighting point of contact and subject matter expert for SAP order entry.
- You will follow up with Sustaining Engineering, Supply Chain, Inside Sales, Product Marketing and Project Management to help ensure accurate and timely procurement of our products.
- You will work with test engineering and quality to provide product test results necessary to ensure reliability in the field to accommodate any incoming unconventional project specifications.
- You will maintain a strong technical understanding of all Ephesus Sports Lighting products and programs and how they relate to our customers and industry standards customer, providing excellent technical and product support.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in sales or customer support
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience with Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates currently located within a 50 mile radius of Syracuse, NY, will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or Marketing from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in sales or customer support
- Experience using SAP
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Experience with lighting controls, luminaire, and/or electrical products
- Project management experience
Position Success Criteria :
- Ability to demonstrate excellent written communication and articulate verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to act in an organized and detail oriented manner
- Ability to demonstrate aptitude for problem solving and conflict resolution
- Ability to display strong work ethic, flexibility, and a desire to actively contribute to the group’s success
- Ability to work with in, drive, and meet deadlines
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No